The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

server browser and host migration

sfoxxsfoxx 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
ok so I may be asking for the moon and the stars (I know nothing of programming) - but...there are a couple of issues with the current incarnation of this game (and the understatement of the year award goes to...) that could be improved :

-host quitting. Yeah the game isn't the most stable (yet) but I'm guessing a lot of "disconnected from host" messages are actually caused by rage-quitting - you know, when the host runs off and gets killed by a special before they can be rescued. Kinda sucks for the other 3 players. So is host migration an option?

-server browser. I've been in a few games where lag has made it unplayable. This isn't hyperbole, I mean it's literally unplayable: pres x to open door, still waiting 2 minutes later. Other player opens door but I still can't get thro it because ...reasons. And the dancing rats (doing the running animation but not moving forwards) may be funny, bit mean I literally can't move anywhere- like a jail cell compose of rats rather than bars. So to avoid such nonsense - could we have a list of games in progress along with a rough approximation of ping, as well as the current quick-match making option?

Comments

• QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    I'm going to second the server browser because it seems to be an option on PC already and perhaps even PS4 but somehow not on Xbox One. As for host migrating I am not sure if it would not cause more issues and complaints. For now, I highly suggest LFG and Clubs as they fill this role well enough and 'most' people putting up LFG will communicate far more than just randoms.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
  • Fatshark_HedgeFatshark_Hedge 389 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark, Level4
    The server browser isn't in the console version because it doesn't technically use the same mechanics as the PC platform, due to the way in which the PS4 and XB1 work behind the scenes.
    Hedge
    ---------
    Fatshark Community and Social Media Manager | @Fatshark_Hedge

Shark Fact #87
    Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss
  • rafa_dfrafa_df 45 PointsMember, Level2

The server browser isn't in the console version because it doesn't technically use the same mechanics as the PC platform, due to the way in which the PS4 and XB1 work behind the scenes.

What about Host Migration? This feature would be very good
  • sfoxxsfoxx 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    doh!
    Yeah, I agree we need host migration.
  • JustifireJustifire 32 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    Definitely should be priority #1 at this moment, followed by an ingame lobbybrowser to keep this game alive.
    Not sure I agree it should be priority one as many people are waiting on Q&C. While hosts dropping is annoying this can be solved by hosting yourself. Playing with random people will always present issues if you all cannot find a way to work together. I see that more as a people problem than a design problem. People just tend to lean to heavily towards being selfish or going rambo. As someone said wisely, think of how you can help the group rather than how they can help you.
    Quanrian said:

While hosts dropping is annoying this can be solved by hosting yourself.

If all players end up thinking they have to host, no one is going to play. There will be only hosts
  • Halvars90Halvars90 56 PointsMember, Level3
    Server browser is something that they probably can add pretty easily. It might not be the same as on PC but something.

As for host migration I think the should add that. It at least gives the other players a chance. But in my experience people dont really rage quit. Can't even remember it happening the last two months. Maybe u play with low levels who bought the game on sale and arent really into it?
    edited November 2016
    rafa_df said:

Quanrian said:

While hosts dropping is annoying this can be solved by hosting yourself.

If all players end up thinking they have to host, no one is going to play. There will be only hosts
    I'm just suggesting this for now. I do not always host and more realistically the person with the best connection in a group 'should' host because it 'should' keep lag to a minimum for everyone. Not sure if this is accurate but I believe if you pull up the players list with windows button it does show color dots that 'perhaps' indicate an individuals connection strength...
  • sfoxxsfoxx 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    ok maybe it's not a priority. Between hosting and playing with people I know, it can be avoided. I'm gradually coming to the conclusion playing with bots is more likely to lead to success than joining random matches
  • VaultVault 24 PointsMember, Level2
    I agree. Migrating host would be less disappointing to the newer players in random games when host rq's or drops from poor connection.
    sfoxx said:

ok maybe it's not a priority. Between hosting and playing with people I know, it can be avoided. I'm gradually coming to the conclusion playing with bots is more likely to lead to success than joining random matches

Well as time goes on and 'we' get the fixes they made to bots they should be a lot more useful. This means less of them literally watching you (I wont forget Sienna...) die slowly while they do absolutely nothing. However, players lack consistency in more meaningful ways. My suggestion on that, is be polite and try to treat others as you expect to be treated. In other words, don't grab that first health pick up as you would be amazed at how unselfish that can show you to be. The biggest problem with co-op period is that people forget how much this PVP raging online scene has destroyed a lot of bridges internally to the degree that some do not even understand what it means to cooperate anymore.
    edited December 2016
    I would say though that Xbox live is an awesome place to play co-op. People tend to be more social in general. I've played on psn and people there won't talk. On Xbox live folks like to leave their parties open so friends can join and talk.
    You can see that Microsoft focus on coop on its games also.

But, sure, on all platforms you will find people you won't have fun playing.

And I agree completely with what you said, Quanrian.
    edited December 2016
    rafa_df said:

I would say though that Xbox live is an awesome place to play co-op. People tend to be more social in general. I've played on psn and people there won't talk. On Xbox live folks like to leave their parties open so friends can join and talk.
    You can see that Microsoft focus on coop on its games also.

But, sure, on all platforms you will find people you won't have fun playing.

And I agree completely with what you said, Quanrian.

Still, going back to the point... Host Migration still makes sense in that it doesn't currently exist in any form. However, I want them to do Host Migration with proper consideration and not as a hasty way to appease people.
This discussion has been closed.