The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Release a Demo?

QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
I'm probably going to get flamed for even suggesting this but hear me out. We still have a few people who are having issues getting into the game. A demo with perhaps Horn of Magnus and the tutorial would be a fine way to gain more data from the Xbox community without anyone feeling burned (because they spent money) if the game does not run for them. Also, if they find they are enjoying that small slice of the game it could very well increase sales on what has been a pretty face planting launch. Lastly, this obviously could serve as a measure of goodwill as people always like free stuff. Anyhow, I just thought I'd suggest this and will now don my flame retardant suit!
Eat the game before it devours your life!

Comments

• sfoxxsfoxx 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    idk, I suspect FS would be better off fixing the major bugs (crashes, disconnects on victory etc) before considering a demo. A demo of the game in it's current state could actually HURT sales.
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    Alright, fair enough. So on the basis they get the patch out we're all waiting for do you believe a demo to bring in new players makes sense?
    from my point of view, it hasn't exactly been a high-profile launch. I know FS aren't a AAA developer with an unlimited budget, but if I hadn't come across it by accident, I wouldn't have known it existed. So yeah, a demo would make a lot of sense, just to get it on the radar.
    Yeah, that's pretty much all I'm trying to get across. Really, I believe it would be harder to convince them than their future audience to release a demo. I can say this, LFG ( just needed to update to access it) definitely works because I had people interested in joining me within an hour of posting and I can live with that.
    so assuming the new patch fixes the crashes, now would be a good time for a demo (just in time for Xmas shopping)
  • Fatshark_HedgeFatshark_Hedge 389 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark, Level4
    We're working on this :)
    Hedge
    ---------
    Fatshark Community and Social Media Manager | @Fatshark_Hedge

Shark Fact #87
    Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss
    That's kewl, as this will be a great way for me to have people I know try the game without implying they should shell out the money on just my word alone!
    This is now available on the Microsoft store.
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
    Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss
    edited January 5
    Sweet! I will be recommending this to quite a few people! Was not able to find it so it must not be up just yet.
    The store page should have a price and a Try it Free button :)
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
    Ah, I see the problem I had to not be logged in and then it showed the try for free option. It didn't show me but even after I log in it says it contains in-app purchases and that must refer to buying the game through demo. Would you mind letting me know what is included in the demo? If I had to guess I would say it's what was in the beta.
This discussion has been closed.