The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Account Compromised (Microsoft Account)

QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
edited November 2016 in Off Topic
I have sent a message through Twitter as well and I absolutely hope my suspicions are false but I am simply covering my bases. On two separate occasions my Microsoft account was accessed and successfully so through Chrome. Due to the continued activity on this forum in an extremely negative tone I have reason to believe the hacker/hack originated from this forum. The location of the hacker if accurate is Argentina (unsuccessful) and then Brazil where they did appear to be able to access my account.

My apologies if this is a fruitless warning but considering how much financial and other information is stored on a Microsoft account I thought I would make the board aware there might be hacking activity here. Obviously I am willing to provide more information should it prove useful to ruling out this forum since I access it frequently through Chrome. Thank any and all consideration and I do still suggestion people keep an eye on their account regardless because this could be part of a larger compromise of Microsoft accounts.
Eat the game before it devours your life!

Comments

• BelmontBelmont 124 PointsMember, Level3
    edited October 2016
    you used your M$ account to log here ?
    if yes, it's not a good idea, i don't recommend to use a such important account, and i think the same with the Steam account (PC players).
    we have too much datas linked on our accounts to risk what (seems) happens to you.

i advice to change your password asap, mate, if you didn't done it yet. :-B

prudence.
    Also known as Seb@s (ID)
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    edited November 2016
    No but I use my account through Chrome. Still not a clue exactly how I got hacked but I took care of it as I was instructed. I moved this to a more appropriate category.
  • Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    Quanrian said:

No but I use my account through Chrome. Still not a clue exactly how I got hacked but I took care of it as I was instructed. I moved this to a more appropriate category.

probably someone sniffed chrome's data and took it there. M$ badly underestimated just how much of a boon their "everything in one account" pitch is to identity thieves... either way, nothing to do with this place. you shouldn't worry the devteam like that, they're overworked as it is without having to worry they're getting people's details leaked!

• QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    Yeah but it could distract them briefly from the negativity in the forum. ;) Ultimately, if my cats can play the game too through my Kinect I just might be satisfied with my purchase of Vermintide. Not sure I could be happy with any less.
This discussion has been closed.