The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Game Hangs after Hero Selection

I just bought the game yesterday and I'm having a ton of fun. However, I've experienced a bug that requires closing the game on my PS4 and relaunching it. When I make my initial Hero selection after the game starts, I can't switch back to that "initial" hero if I switch away from them. For example, I start the game and select Kruger. If I switch away from him in the Inn, I can't re-select him. The game hangs on the overhead view of the Inn until I pause the game and select another hero. I can select any other hero as normal. I've been able to recreate this for every hero and let the game hang for upwards of 10 minutes without resumption of play.

Please take a look into this. It is somewhat minor, but it does impact the experience as I have to relaunch the game several times thorough out a play session.

Thank you.

Comments

• explodotronexplodotron 12 PointsMember

I just bought the game yesterday and I'm having a ton of fun. However, I've experienced a bug that requires closing the game on my PS4 and relaunching it. When I make my initial Hero selection after the game starts, I can't switch back to that "initial" hero if I switch away from them. For example, I start the game and select Kruger. If I switch away from him in the Inn, I can't re-select him. The game hangs on the overhead view of the Inn until I pause the game and select another hero. I can select any other hero as normal. I've been able to recreate this for every hero and let the game hang for upwards of 10 minutes without resumption of play.

Please take a look into this. It is somewhat minor, but it does impact the experience as I have to relaunch the game several times thorough out a play session.

Thank you.

I've just noticed that the room decor stays as Kruger's no matter which hero I select. It stays Kruger's room even if I initially select another hero when the game launches. The only reason I can think this is happening is because Kruger was the first hero I selected after the tutorial. It's almost as if he has been "assigned" to my online profile. Now, I haven't been able to reproduce the bug with anyone but Kruger. I had been able to do it with the Bright Wizard and Waywatcher yesterday. Definitely strange.

Thanks again.
  • explodotronexplodotron 12 PointsMember

Thank you.

I've just noticed that the room decor stays as Kruger's no matter which hero I select. It stays Kruger's room even if I initially select another hero when the game launches. The only reason I can think this is happening is because Kruger was the first hero I selected after the tutorial. It's almost as if he has been "assigned" to my online profile. Now, I haven't been able to reproduce the bug with anyone but Kruger. I had been able to do it with the Bright Wizard and Waywatcher yesterday. Definitely strange.

Thanks again.
    Even more info...

I deleted the local save file on my PS4. Launched game and elected Witch Hunter as "initial" hero. Everything loads fine, no progress lost, and the WH's room decor is present. I can switch heroes normally. I then close the game and relaunch. Choose Dwarf as initial hero... room decor is Soldier's and I can't switch to him in hero select menu. The strange thing is that when I chose the Dwarven Ranger, the Soldier was highlighted as the "default" hero. Very strange indeed.

Thanks again... again.
  • Fatshark_HedgeFatshark_Hedge 389 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark, Level4
    Thanks for all the details, we are looking in to this one.
    Hedge
    ---------
    Fatshark Community and Social Media Manager | @Fatshark_Hedge

Shark Fact #87
    Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss
  • hollowpotatohollowpotato 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level1
    So is there still no patch for this one? I have a similiar issue where sometimes I change from the character to a different one but the game just hangs in the area the op mentioned. IDK if I selected the character it pauses on before it freezes like that. But changing to a different character still works so long as the issue doesn't affect that character as well.
This discussion has been closed.