The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

[PC] Patch 1.4 - 'Quests & Contracts' released!

Fatshark_HedgeFatshark_Hedge 389 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark, Level4
edited October 2016 in Vermintide News
Heroes

Quests & Contracts is the new FREE DLC for Vermintide, which introduces a new way for you to acquire epic loot. All you have to do is complete the objectives and collect your reward!

The board unlocks once all missions have been completed on at least easy.

Watch the trailer here!

Patch 1.4: Quests & Contracts

New Features
  • Added Bounty Board to the Red Moon Inn: Visit the board to collect Quests and Contracts!
    • Contracts: Gain rewards for completing specific objectives. Key Contracts also reward you with Quest progress
    • Quests: Gain epic rewards for completing a certain number of Key Contracts
    • Boons: Timed buffs which empower your heroes in various ways
Feature Changes
  • Made the UI Indicator for Grimoires much clearer
  • Gutter Runners now lose targeting outline if they teleport away
  • Added Lobby Browser button in Map
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where dropped items from Loot Rats could end up in unreachable locations
  • Fixed gritty looking stone textures on Black powder
  • Fixed an issue where the end event on The Dungeons could occasionally take much longer than intended
  • Fixed an issue where the screen effect from drinking potions could be overly blurry
  • Fixed a crash which could occur when a bot was grabbed by a Packmaster
  • Fixed a number of ledge issues on Summoner’s Peak
  • Fixed a shading issue with the staircases on Castle Drachenfels
  • Fixed several culling issues on Castle Drachenfels
  • Fixed an issue with the end event on The Enemy Below
  • Fixed a number of issues with sound cues for when hordes of enemies spawn
  • Fixed an issue on Horn of Magnus where Rat Ogres could get stuck on a rooftop
  • Fixed an issue where you could end up in the wrong location when hot-joining a session on Horn of Magnus
  • Fixed a misaligned roof prop on Horn of Magnus
  • Fixed an issue where certain items would spawn in the air on Black Powder
  • Fixed a number of culling issues on Wizard’s Tower
  • Fixed an issue where on Town Meeting where you could be dragged by a Packmaster to a location where you would get stuck
  • Fixed an art issue with Volley Crossbow
  • Lots of other minor fixes from closed and open beta
Please let us know about your experience with this update!

Thanks,

Hedge
Hedge
---------
Fatshark Community and Social Media Manager | @Fatshark_Hedge

Shark Fact #87
Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss

Comments

• Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    the guy that makes the images for these forum posts does some nice work.
  • GIANMARIAGIANMARIA 22 PointsMember, Level1
    When it will also be released for the console version?
  • marcus0907marcus0907 26 PointsMember, Level2
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you go, Fat Shark. You earned this:

Thanks for completing the patch <3

<blockquote class="UserQuote">

Heroes

Quests & Contracts is the new FREE DLC for Vermintide, which introduces a new way for you to acquire epic loot. All you have to do is complete the objectives and collect your reward!

The board unlocks once all missions have been completed on at least easy.

Watch the trailer here!

Patch 1.4: Quests & Contracts

New Features

• Added Bounty Board to the Red Moon Inn: Visit the board to collect Quests and Contracts!
      • Contracts: Gain rewards for completing specific objectives. Key Contracts also reward you with Quest progress
      • Quests: Gain epic rewards for completing a certain number of Key Contracts
      • Boons: Timed buffs which empower your heroes in various ways
    Feature Changes
    • Made the UI Indicator for Grimoires much clearer
    • Gutter Runners now lose targeting outline if they teleport away
    • Added Lobby Browser button in Map
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where dropped items from Loot Rats could end up in unreachable locations
    • Fixed gritty looking stone textures on Black powder
    • Fixed an issue where the end event on The Dungeons could occasionally take much longer than intended
    • Fixed an issue where the screen effect from drinking potions could be overly blurry
    • Fixed a crash which could occur when a bot was grabbed by a Packmaster
    • Fixed a number of ledge issues on Summoner’s Peak
    • Fixed a shading issue with the staircases on Castle Drachenfels
    • Fixed several culling issues on Castle Drachenfels
    • Fixed an issue with the end event on The Enemy Below
    • Fixed a number of issues with sound cues for when hordes of enemies spawn
    • Fixed an issue on Horn of Magnus where Rat Ogres could get stuck on a rooftop
    • Fixed an issue where you could end up in the wrong location when hot-joining a session on Horn of Magnus
    • Fixed a misaligned roof prop on Horn of Magnus
    • Fixed an issue where certain items would spawn in the air on Black Powder
    • Fixed a number of culling issues on Wizard’s Tower
    • Fixed an issue where on Town Meeting where you could be dragged by a Packmaster to a location where you would get stuck
    • Fixed an art issue with Volley Crossbow
    • Lots of other minor fixes from closed and open beta
    Please let us know about your experience with this update!

Thanks,

Hedge

• BelmontBelmont 124 PointsMember, Level3
    PS : the team forgot to add the patch note in the Launcher for the v 1.4

nothing very important, but must be said.
    Also known as Seb@s (ID)
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    edited October 2016
    Forgive me for saying this but the only thing I find that will change the current meta from this content is the temporary buffs. Everything else, while nice is still obtainable other ways. Thus, I am not really sure beyond that what is so exciting. This isn't a new character or a new map it's just errands within missions that can very well sabotage them. If these are mundane and too similar it's just another grind. Sorry for the negativity, I just am unsure why PC players were/are so hyped about 'this' update.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
    Quanrian said:

Forgive me for saying this but the only thing I find that will change the current meta from this content is the temporary buffs. Everything else, while nice is still obtainable other ways. Thus, I am not really sure beyond that what is so exciting. This isn't a new character or a new map it's just errands within missions that can very well sabotage them. If these are mundane and too similar it's just another grind. Sorry for the negativity, I just am unsure why PC players were/are so hyped about 'this' update.

a lot of PC players were tired of "Having" to grind the same 1-2 maps at all times to get the rewards they wanted, and these make a fine excuse to play on new maps (to them) to vary it up.
  • BelmontBelmont 124 PointsMember, Level3
    let me add, Jackal, to your comment.

it's also because for us, hi-lvl PC players,
    we have probably 100% all orange weapons.
    we just need few specific stuff, like few Red Weapons, Hats (Red & Orange) & few Orange Trinkets. =P~

checking the board everyday give us the opportunity to win the little % of stuff we are missing.

it's not much hype, we are just happy to have an alternate way to win stuff than the random loot.
    even if the board is random, 3 items by day are appearing. :)>-

the biggest problem for us, hi-lvl players it's that we must wait few days to find an item we want & we could lost 2 keys/day because the items in Quests don't interest us. :-q
    Also known as Seb@s (ID)
  • dsasadsasa 12 PointsMember
    Hope this comes to consoles as well!
  • McCabbeMcCabbe 37 PointsMember, Level2
    Does anyone know at what time daily quests reset ?
    edited October 2016

Quanrian said:

a lot of PC players were tired of "Having" to grind the same 1-2 maps at all times to get the rewards they wanted, and these make a fine excuse to play on new maps (to them) to vary it up.
    This I get but how far will that really go? I might be missing something but this isn't per say adding new content as much as it is interfacing the player to it in a new way. Thus, the content not expanding is what I see as the real issue with long-term players who will run this well dry. I guess my point is, if I have to make one is this kind of update would have gone well with a map or character to compliment it. As it is, not sure this isn't much more than filler content. All the same, it's nice to have something but I'm still looking forward to new maps, modes and characters more.

Anyways, no videos or discussion seem to show exactly how this new feature set worked well enough other than teasing... until I found this video. This should answer a lot of questions one might have about this new content for myself and others.
  • IvanDeliriumIvanDelirium 70 PointsMember, Level2
    high-lvl players need hats for dominate che skraven horde . >:)
  • ken1989ken1989 22 PointsMember, Level1
    Hi, any release window for a console release of this dlc?

high-lvl players need hats for dominate che skraven horde . >:)

as someone that plays the ranger a majority of the time, i need hats so the other people fighting will stop leaving me behind in a sea of ratmen!
    Ah see, on console if you reserved, you got an extra set of hats. Also, seems we got a set of hats by default and I am not sure that was the case on PC. So when I fired it up I already had two hats for each character. Thus, my desire to get hats was probably a lot less then if I had started with none.
  • agroyboyagroyboy 22 PointsMember, Level1
    I tell you through. From PC to ps4 then made Cata a lot harder. I'm not even try well watch on cats on ps4. I would claw my eyes out on it.
    agroyboy said:

I tell you through. From PC to ps4 then made Cata a lot harder. I'm not even try well watch on cats on ps4. I would claw my eyes out on it.

Just so you know, Cataclysm requires a console player to beat all levels on Nightmare first, which also requires all levels being beat on Hard first. Thus, not something many players will get to experience unless they have superb luck with players. I've gotten more than halfway through on Hard but seriously some levels are just ridiculously harder than others. I imagine doing it all over on Nightmare will be beyond brutal.
  • MrManhandsMrManhands 12 PointsMember, Level1
    GIANMARIA said:

When it will also be released for the console version?

^This.
    After or around the same time as the patch would make the most sense. I cannot seeing console getting it before the patch especially since Q&C had issues as well that needed to be fixed.
  • ZenguroZenguro 22 PointsMember, Level1
    I think this Feature is really cool for new players like me. I just figured out what Tomes/Grimoires are (before that I just threw them away, since they don't heal, right?! ^:)^ ), and still don't know all the locations. Unfortunately it's very difficult to find decent likeminded players on the PS4. I really love this game, just wished the player base would be bigger, and more would use mice and team up on PSN parties. Voice chat quality is terrible, really.
  • Ilpoj83Ilpoj83 12 PointsMember, Level1
    I have completed all the missions (100% certainty), but the bounty board is not active, although it is visible on the wall as a static furniture. (Xbox one).
    Is this a bug on what is wrong?
  • Ilpoj83Ilpoj83 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Ilpoj83 said:

I have completed all the missions (100% certainty), but the bounty board is not active, although it is visible on the wall as a static furniture. (Xbox one).
    Is this a bug on what is wrong?

I got answer on another forum, that it isn't active yet on Xbox. [SOLVED].
This discussion has been closed.