The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Disconnecting on victory/mid-level? Read here, please.

Fatshark_HedgeFatshark_Hedge 389 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark, Level4
edited October 2016 in Feedback & Bugs (XB1)
Hello heroes,

We hear you - there are times where you're losing connection and we're working on the fixes. In the mean time, if you experience this, please update this thread with

• Time it happened
  • Your support ID.
  • What error did you receive?
  • Did this happen at the end of the level or midway through?
  • If end, what was the last screen you saw (Victory/Dice Game, etc)?
  • If end, was the loot in your inventory when you went back to the inn?

You can find your support ID by holding LB/RB after pressing "A" to login and access the main menu.

We will look at individual incidents to get a closer look at each circumstance to ensure we're fixing any and all the issues found.

Feel free to add me on Skype should you be willing to participate in live data capture (search the Skype directory for "Leo Wakelin (Hedge)").

Thanks for cooperation and support - and our apologies for the troubles you may be facing.
Hedge
---------
Fatshark Community and Social Media Manager | @Fatshark_Hedge

Shark Fact #87
Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss

Comments

• Wretch1dWretch1d 30 PointsMember, Level2
    Of four wins its only done it once tonight so far

AEST
    ID: 7b 5f 2l cc 93 c8 d2
    Disconnect time :16:40
    again at 18:49
    Again at 19:25
  • Fatshark_HedgeFatshark_Hedge 389 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark, Level4
    edited October 2016
    Thanks @Wretch1d

• What error did you receive?
    • Did this happen at the end of the level or midway through?
    • If end, was the loot in your inventory when you went back to the inn?
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
    Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss
    its always at the end, i can tell its going to happen because the curtain doesnt move, then disconnect from servers, i do get a weapon though
    What error do you receive?
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
    It doesnt come up with an error code it just says disconnected from servers
    Sorry it does say - Server error, with text cannot connect to game server please try again later, and its done it at 15:49 and 16:08 today yes i get weapons but im not sure abput xp
  • qxxxxxxxxqxxxxxxxx 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level1
    15:00 at the Hong Kong time
    28 58 9e 6d f6 dc 22
    Server error after victory
    Get back to the main menu
  • JustifireJustifire 32 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    Disconnected 4 times in a row on Horn of Magnus.
    Nightmare, 3 Tomes, 2 Grimoires.
    The part where you reach the roof and can free fallen companions, just before the hole in the wall to the elevator going up the tower.

-Lost connection with host-

• pkerq32pkerq32 12 PointsMember
    Support ID
    90 15 fc c5 df a5 9b
    Happens almost every game. Can't get past the menu some times. When it happens at the end you can get your loot by pressing b then (rb).
    I'm currently living in China and xbl here is shit, why isn't there a offline option, even when i am hosting a private session it happens. Very displeased..
    I have been able to save some loot but lost all exp. On all levels i have played, had to re do the level just for it to register a victory...
    We believe we've found the gremlin and are working to patch it ASAP.
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
  • rafa_dfrafa_df 45 PointsMember, Level2
    edited October 2016
    Time it happened: 11:10 AM (just now)

support ID: game freezes after pressing lb + rb and it doesn't show any ID at all
    Gamertag: rafoca

What error did you receive? Server Error

Did this happen at the end of the level or midway through? At the end

If end, what was the last screen you saw (Victory/Dice Game, etc)? Victory

If end, was the loot in your inventory when you
    went back to the inn? No loot for the first time

Just so you know... This happened to me and my wife, both playing the same match and different consoles, but same connection, which is the one I'm using now.

Also, a friend of mine, which was also in the same match, got a disconnection mid game.
    rafa_df said:

Time it happened: 11:10 AM (just now)

support ID: game freezes after pressing lb + rb and it doesn't show any ID at all
    Gamertag: rafoca

What error did you receive? Server Error

Did this happen at the end of the level or midway through? At the end

If end, what was the last screen you saw (Victory/Dice Game, etc)? Victory

If end, was the loot in your inventory when you
    went back to the inn? No loot for the first time

Just so you know... This happened to me and my wife, both playing the same match and different consoles, but same connection, which is the one I'm using now.

Also, a friend of mine, which was also in the same match, got a disconnection mid game.

The same thing just happened again. And I got no loot once more =/

I'm gonna stop playing until the patch. I'm getting frustrated =/
  • CruciasNZCruciasNZ 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    Happened 3 games in a row, all three with different hosts. The items are in my inventory but I do not get any EXP or upgrade stones.

There is no error code, just a server disconnect message after "Victorious"
    Please, guys, tell us when the patch will release
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost 33 PointsMember, Level2
    @Dirty - Looks like they're taking the Hello Games approach to customer service.
    Y'know, if you guys put as much work into the XBONE patch as you did to removing Dirty from the forums we'd have it by now.

Can you at least give us some kind of update?

Y'know, if you guys put as much work into the XBONE patch as you did to removing Dirty from the forums we'd have it by now.

The moderators aren't game developers so any action taken on forum users for any reason doesn't detract from the development of content and patches.

Answering the questions in the OP is still useful, so whilst we work on remedying the issue at hand (it's very situational, it does not happen to everyone), we could use all the information we can get to ensure all our bases are covered and we're taking on all the detail in order to get stability back in check.
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
    I really enjoy the game and its hard to not be disappointed but this is the most broken game I have ever seen...you literally sold something that doesn't work...for those of us who can't play I hope you can understand our frustration....you have said you have found the culprit is there any eta in when we can expect to be able to play the game as it was intended...it has been a while I do understand this isn't your only problem but something is better than silence
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    Are they really silent or is this just "Are we there yet?" @-) As a modern gamer we may as well poke at developers every step of the way for that next breadcrumb to drop because time is clearly running out like a broken hourglass. :!! Come on Hedge I know you're hiding some breadcrumbs on you somewhere! >:) Where is my feather on a stick when I need it...
    Eat the game before it devours your life!

The moderators aren't game developers so any action taken on forum users for any reason doesn't detract from the development of content and patches.

Answering the questions in the OP is still useful, so whilst we work on remedying the issue at hand (it's very situational, it does not happen to everyone), we could use all the information we can get to ensure all our bases are covered and we're taking on all the detail in order to get stability back in check.
    I know you know that I was just giving you shit, Hedge, and I also know that you know what I'm actually saying here.

Can you give us some kind of info please?
    edited October 2016
    Keep an eye on announcements. This is most likely to be part of a patch and they surely will announce those along with the typical glitches and bugs that are addressed within. I check this forum regularly and noticed Hedge is not on here 24/7 so he may not even see your posts within the time frame you are finding acceptable. Therefore, you may find it more fruitful to wait for something more official since he is just a go-between. Still, you've gotten the most important piece of information regarding them being aware and working on it. ;)
    Quanrian said:

Keep an eye on announcements. This is most likely to be part of a patch and they surely will announce those along with the typical glitches and bugs that are addressed within. I check this forum regularly and noticed Hedge is not on here 24/7 so he may not even see your posts within the time frame you are finding acceptable. Therefore, you may find it more fruitful to wait for something more official since he is just a go-between. Still, you've gotten the most important piece of information regarding them being aware and working on it. ;)

Oh, did you mean the announcement thread that's been closed for nearly a month and has comments disabled?
    News???
    I was trying not to be annoyed but its been a month since you sold a product that doesn't work and the only comment that's been useful is....."yeah we think we found the problem"....no other useful communication.....I didn't even get my pre order bonus of which was ALSO supposed to be fixed in a patch.....im done i see you communicating about bringing extra content when you should be fixing the game that does not work for people who gave you their money...that should be priority one......ill be going for a refund tomorrow if i can even get one after this long .....anything fat shark will be avoided in future no matter how much I like the brand
    Users who pre-ordered can obtain the DLC with the content for free from their respective stores. The disconnection issue we hope to have solved in an upcoming patch for both platforms.
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
    They closed the announcement threads most likely because they do not need commenting. As someone who moderated before I would have done the same since the purpose of those threads is to announce and not to have exchanges. Nothing about the time frames with updates is outlandish in the least especially considering we're talking about three different versions.

No one is going to stop anyone else from getting refunds if that is what they feel is necessary. They've stated the additional content is 'delayed' because of the problems they are working on fixing. That, absolutely makes it their priority one to fix problems but it wont stop them from mentioning upcoming content because people are 'also' interested in new content. Either way, if you are committed to being dissatisfied then what else do you expect to be?
  • JustifireJustifire 32 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    edited November 2016
    I'll have to agree there are some big bugs right now (disconecting and crashing) wich are gamebreaking.
    Those should be developers main prioriity, but besides a small anouncement "We believe we've found the gremlin and are working to patch it ASAP. " TWO WEEKS AGO, this takes waaaaaay to looooooong.
    I love the game, play it enough to not get upset about some xp- or weapon-loss, but some friends already jumped on the Gears or BF1 bandwagon and never came back :(
    Quanrian said:

They closed the announcement threads most likely because they do not need commenting. As someone who moderated before I would have done the same since the purpose of those threads is to announce and not to have exchanges. Nothing about the time frames with updates is outlandish in the least especially considering we're talking about three different versions.

No one is going to stop anyone else from getting refunds if that is what they feel is necessary. They've stated the additional content is 'delayed' because of the problems they are working on fixing. That, absolutely makes it their priority one to fix problems but it wont stop them from mentioning upcoming content because people are 'also' interested in new content. Either way, if you are committed to being dissatisfied then what else do you expect to be?

Well, they need to be open to commentary because they are not communicating. This Hello Games approach to their customer base should not be supported or condoned. This is not a "commitment to dissatisfaction", as you put it, it is genuine irritation with Fatshark over the state of their game.

They shipped a broken product with issues that really should have been caught with some minor play testing. We all found the disconnecting server issue and the game freeze on changing characters on DAY 1. It took us about 4-5 days to discover that "Safety in Numbers" froze the game, but that's because it took awhile to acquire a weapon with the trait. How these things slipped by Fatshark is anyone's guess. This is a large part of why we're considering the time its taking to be "outlandish" - these things should have been caught before release.

As I mentioned in my post "You Have a Great Game Here and You are Dropping the Ball", and echoed by Justifire's post, people are leaving for Gears or Battlefield. My entire crew is now more interested in Battlefield because at least it allows them to progress. Frankly Fatshark cannot afford to allow this to go on much further if they don't want their game to be left for dead.

So, Quanrian, do us all a favor and stop speaking for Fatshark. No offense.
This discussion has been closed.