The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Unable to proceed past menus/gamma/cutscene? Read here

Fatshark_HedgeFatshark_Hedge 389 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark, Level4
edited October 2016 in Feedback & Bugs (XB1)
Hello,

We're aware that some users are experiencing issues launching in to Vermintide.

Those of you unable to proceed past the menu/gamma select/cutscene and end up in an unresponsive state, please provide the following details as best you can:

Internet connection (Speed)
Connection method (wifi/ethernet)
Language/locale settings
Region played from
Xbox Live Account region
How many profiles are logged in to the Xbox One?
Does it work if you try to access the game from a different profile on the Xbox One?
Do you have any peripherals plugged in to your Xbox One (guitar, kinect etc)?
Are you posting in this thread from a device on the same network as your Xbox One?

Thanks for all your help.

If users could follow this step to see if it helps:

Could you try switching profile and launching the game from a different user profile on the Xbox One?

Lastly, anyone experiencing this with time to speak with me directly, please do add me on Skype - Search the Skype directory for "Leo Wakelin (Hedge)"

The Fatshark Team
Hedge
---------
Fatshark Community and Social Media Manager | @Fatshark_Hedge

Shark Fact #87
Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss

Comments

• XanaduXanadu 12 PointsMember
    Internet: 150mbps download, 20 mbps upload
    Connection: ethernet
    Language: English
    Region: United States
    Account Region: United States
    Profiles on System: 1
    Created a new profile and tried pkaying it, still freezes after hitting start with audio in background.
  • Fatshark_HedgeFatshark_Hedge 389 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark, Level4
    Are you posting from a device on the same network as your Xbox right now?
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
    Swimming in cold water boosts the odds of surviving a shark attack. Cold water drops your body temperature, which will slow your blood loss
  • BlindSniperZ20BlindSniperZ20 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Internet: 25mbps down, 5mbps up
    Connection: Ethernet
    Region and account region: United States
    Profiles on system: 6

Tried using another profile and got the same issue.

I am posting from a device on the same network.

Was able to get it to work once by deleting my save, but that only worked once. Game was really fun and I hope it gets resolved by the time the game comes out.
    Do you have any peripherals plugged in to the Xbox (Kinect, Wheel, Guitar etc)?
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
  • MrDingleHofferMrDingleHoffer 33 PointsMember, Level1
    I don't know if this will work for everyone but I may have found a potential fix (worked for me) but the problem maybe in the way it's downloading and could be causing an internal fail in a section of your hard drive and the way I got it to work by uninstalling game and deleteing the saved game then reinstalling a game I know works then once that has installed reinstall vermintide. Hopefully it will work for you guys too.
  • XanaduXanadu 12 PointsMember

Are you posting from a device on the same network as your Xbox right now?

Yes
  • The step did not help, sadly.

Internet: Not sure.
    Connection: Wireless
    Region and Account Region: United States, Central
    Profiles on System: 3. Only one has Xbox LIVE.
  • BlindSniperZ20BlindSniperZ20 12 PointsMember, Level1

Do you have any peripherals plugged in to the Xbox (Kinect, Wheel, Guitar etc)?

I have a kinect plugged in
  • LulrLulr 22 PointsMember, Level2
    Just wondering if there was an estimated time when this would be fixed across all platforms? Or if there were more solutions....

Thanks again!
  • BuzzillingtonBuzzillington 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level1
    Internet connection (Speed) 100mbs
    Connection method (wifi/ethernet) wifi
    Language/locale settings English us
    Region played from North america
    Xbox Live Account region north america
    How many profiles are logged in to the Xbox One? 1
    Does it work if you try to access the game from a different profile on the Xbox One? No
    Do you have any peripherals plugged in to your Xbox One (guitar, kinect etc)? None
    Are you posting in this thread from a device on the same network as your Xbox One? Yes
  • youngsplud420youngsplud420 12 PointsMember, Level1
    speed:233 download, 20 upload

connection: Ethernet

English

United States

United States

no

Kinect

Yes
  • JustifireJustifire 32 PointsUnconfirmed, Level2
    edited October 2016
    Fixed the freezing on Xbox beta.
    Change language and location to Germany.
    Restart Xbox.

[*optional, not sure if needed*
    Delete local savefile, not on server]

Start Vermintide and Presto !!!
    Still got my progression and equipment i earned before, game plays as it did two days ago.

Switched back to English language and game freezed right away..... Definitely a language-bug.

Good luck Skavenhunters !!
  • Brosephstalin32Brosephstalin32 13 PointsMember
    ethernet cable
    can play every other game downloaded on to my xbox except this one. I click A to log in and it goes through connection stuff and then it comes to "invites". It sits here for an extended period of time then says cannot connect to server try again later. Me and my brother are both having this problem and we live in two different cities. We tried hard resets, resetting our internet, signing into different profiles, attempted to download another game as we log in (dark souls 3 early fix) and nothing helps. We really want to play this beta a little more to see if we really want to purchase the game or not. gamertag br0sephsta1in42

ethernet cable
    can play every other game downloaded on to my xbox except this one. I click A to log in and it goes through connection stuff and then it comes to "invites". It sits here for an extended period of time then says cannot connect to server try again later. Me and my brother are both having this problem and we live in two different cities. We tried hard resets, resetting our internet, signing into different profiles, attempted to download another game as we log in (dark souls 3 early fix) and nothing helps. We really want to play this beta a little more to see if we really want to purchase the game or not. gamertag br0sephsta1in42

This was a temporary beta outage - sorry for that. Should be back online now!
    Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
  • BonzaiKaiBonzaiKai 10 PointsMember, Level1
    Hello I was having the gamma screen and freezing cut scene issues. I found a way that fixed both for me but no promises it will help anyone else. I went into the settings and hit restore and apply on all 4 sub settings (not sure if all 4 are needed but worked for me). Then first try put me in no problem

Hope it works
  • WestleeWestlee 12 PointsUnconfirmed, Level1
    I got the full game now and the cut scene problem is happening to me...
  • GodlynessGodlyness 13 PointsMember, Level2
    So I changed my language to Espanol and still froze. Changed it to Deutsche and the game works. Changed it back to English and the game doesn't get past clicking new game or tutorial.

Definitely a language issue.

Hopefully will be fixed when I wake up in the morning.
  • DagnomeDagnome 12 PointsMember, Level2
    Oh look, another developer releasing a broken game. Game froze since beta, and freezes on launch.
    I am hooked up via ethernet, english region and language, no peripheral devices connected, have not been able to solve the issue via methods provided.
    Dagnome said:

Oh look, another developer releasing a broken game. Game froze since beta, and freezes on launch.
    I am hooked up via ethernet, english region and language, no peripheral devices connected, have not been able to solve the issue via methods provided.

how many friends do you have on your Xbox Live handle?

Hedge
    ---------

Shark Fact #87
  • TerminaTermina 14 PointsMember
    edited October 2016
    Just registered an account to tell you know what you already know: you've released a broken game.

I guess I'll waste more time getting a refund from xbox support and will spread the word to avoid this game at all costs.

EDIT: Microsoft support was very understanding, got the refund. Assuming this game ever gets fixed, maybe it'll show up on GWG one day and I'll give it a second shot then.

In order to be helpful (apparently the public has to do QA work for you guys):

Internet connection (Speed): 100/10
    Connection method (wifi/ethernet): Ethernet (wifi has been tried as well)
    Language/locale settings: English
    Region played from: North America USA
    Xbox Live Account region: USA NA
    How many profiles are logged in to the Xbox One?: 1
    Does it work if you try to access the game from a different profile on the Xbox One?: N/A
    Do you have any peripherals plugged in to your Xbox One (guitar, kinect etc)?: USB 3.0 HDD, Turtle Beach 800X Elite wireless headset. Have tried with headset disconnected. Have also tried moving game from internal to USB HDD. No difference.
    Are you posting in this thread from a device on the same network as your Xbox One?: Yes
  • GodSquadxTECHxGodSquadxTECHx 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Internet connection (Speed): 125Mbps Down/12Mbps Up
    Connection method (wifi/ethernet): Ethernet
    Language/locale settings: English
    Region played from: North America USA
    Xbox Live Account region: USA NA
    How many profiles are logged in to the Xbox One?: 1
    Does it work if you try to access the game from a different profile on the Xbox One?: Yes
    Do you have any peripherals plugged in to your Xbox One (guitar, kinect etc)?: No
    Are you posting in this thread from a device on the same network as your Xbox One?: Yes
  • WolfyWolfy 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Internet speed 40mbs
    Ether net connection
    No external devices except hard rive plugged in have redownload ed profile redownload ed game and reset multiple times have reset network and alternated mac a dress nothing fixes please help black screen on cut to cinematic after start game had been pressed.
  • WolfyWolfy 12 PointsMember, Level1

Ps I will be getting my refund in a few days if this is not fixed and will tell others to avoid getting game as it dosent work.
    :(( was realy excited to play the full game :((
  • TerminaTermina 14 PointsMember
    Wolfy, if you wait too long MS may not refund. I'd just refund now and wait to see if this game ever gets fixed.
  • Justifire said:

Fixed the freezing on Xbox beta.
    Change language and location to Germany.
    Restart Xbox.

[*optional, not sure if needed*
    Delete local savefile, not on server]

Start Vermintide and Presto !!!
    Still got my progression and equipment i earned before, game plays as it did two days ago.

Switched back to English language and game freezed right away..... Definitely a language-bug.

Good luck Skavenhunters !!

I tried this. It didn't work.
  • jayd0hjayd0h 12 PointsMember, Level1
    edited October 2016
    Internet connection- 75mbps download, 10 upload
    Ethernet connection
    English
    United States
    United States
    1 profile logged in
    The game DOES work when logged into another profile. Did not play any of the game, but I was able to start it, watch the cutscene, and select a character.
    Kinect, external hard drive, and guitar connected to Xbox one
    Yes, I am using the same network as the Xbox one.

I am stuck at the gamma settings screen. Purchased game via digital download on Xbox one store. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling game and still having the same issue.

• Gear18Gear18 12 PointsMember, Level1
    We all just want to know that you are trying to fix this problem rather than tell us ways around it. There obviously is a huge bug I would hope that you are all hard at work and that right now the advice you're giving us is just to play it now and not ways to dodge the fact that it needs to be addressed. Also that a permanent fix is on the way.
  • ShizblackaShizblacka 22 PointsMember, Level1
    Internet connection - 30 down, 10 up
    Connection method - Ethernet
    Language/locale settings - English
    Region played from - Canada
    Xbox Live Account region - Canada
    How many profiles are logged in to the Xbox One? - One
    Does it work if you try to access the game from a different profile on the Xbox One? - Only one profile assigned to this Xbox
    Do you have any peripherals plugged in to your Xbox One (guitar, kinect etc)? - An El Gato Game Capture HD
    Are you posting in this thread from a device on the same network as your Xbox One? - Yes

I had a glitch in the beta where it seemed like the game was confused between standard and inverted controls and would get stuck above enemies' heads and I couldn't look down to kill them. And now on the retail game, I can't get past the gamma settings screen whether I select tutorial or story mode.
    Update: I signed into another account on my xbox and i was able to play. I also signed into another xbox on my main profile, installed vermintide and it still froze at the gamma screen. Both my xboxes are on the same network. I am going to try uninstalling it and reinstalling it while signed into another profile to see if the install itself corrupts the profile. I will delete my saves prior to launching the game on either profile.
    edited October 2016
    Update #2: I installed the game while signed into another account, i was able to start the game fine on that account, i went to the main menu switched profiles (via X button) to my main xbox profile and was, again, able to start the game fine. I then quit the game, signed out of my dummy profile and restarted the game while signed into my main profile which resulted in the game freezing during the cutscene.

I repeated my original step of signing into my dummy profile, starting the game, returning to the main menu and switching profiles via the X button. This resulted in me being able to play the game on my main profile. I just completed a mission with no issues.

Does this mean that the issue lies in the profile that starts the game?
This discussion has been closed.