The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Facts about Sienna's Overcharge

DarchZeroDarchZero 3 PointsMember, Level1
edited June 2016 in Tutorials
Hello everyone, me and my band of friends just recently purchased Vermintide and I got into the herd-thinning duty. Bright Wizard is really quite the fun class to play (although that's because I suck at melee in general and my other best geared class is WH), however I used the search function and the forum hasn't provided much information about it. I'm trying to compile a lot of information into one thread especially about her staffs, spells and overcharge, so if any others have inputs to share, post ahead.

FACTS ABOUT OVERCHARGE
INDEX
1. List of Staffs
2. Overcharge Trivia

1. LIST OF STAFFS
Each staffs have different overcharge rate, area of effects (AoE) and attack type. The Bright Wizard has two limits, the first threshold is the two lines shown at the Overcharge bar when you tried to Vent Overcharge (R key). Venting beyond this threshold will cause damage to yourself. Not venting and going through the threshold has no penalty, however when your Overcharge bar is full and you cast another spell, you will combust and be taken down.
Fireball Staff
- Basic: Single, long-arced projectile.
- Threshold in two? No, 5 consecutive attacks
- Alternate: Single arc projectile, small AoE. Charging costs overcharge and increases AoE.
- Threshold in two? Not if fired in quick successions. Charging longer will TiT.
Bolt Staff
- Basic: Single straight fast projectile
- Threshold in two? No, plenty of attacks before going off the line
- Alternate: Seeking bolt, first hits target outlined when you charge and consecutive ones behind it. Charging costs overcharge and increases amount of targets hit, up to 4(?)
- Threshold in two? Not if fired in quick successions. Charging longer will TiT.
Beam Staff
- Basic: Burns all targets in a cone in front of you, medium AoE.
- Threshold in two? Yes. Venting 2-3 seconds after each attacks will allow indefinite usage without going through.
- Alternate: Long-ranged continuous beam, staggers non-Ogre rats every tick.
- Threshold in two? No. Channeling at an enemy costs more overcharge than at an empty space.
Conflagration Staff
- Basic: Single, long-arced projectile.
- Threshold in two? No, 5 consecutive attacks
- Alternate: Pillar of fire that knocks back small enemies from the center, large AoE. Charging costs overcharge and increases AoE.
- Threshold in two? Yes. Venting 3-4 seconds after each attacks will allow indefinite usage without going through.

2. OVERCHARGE TRIVIA
- Despite Sienna's pained quotes, going through the overcharge threshold doesn't damage you. Going through the overcharge bar kills you outright.
- Venting overcharge costs health when you're beyond the threshold, but lowers overcharge quicker. Venting overcharge below the threshold is much slower .
- When you go through an overcharge bar, you will slowly move forward for two seconds and then combust. This combustion deals a lot of damage to nearby enemies (possibly to allies in NM+?), which might be useful if you cannot contribute to the combat situation. Combustion will put you at A VERY SHORT takedown revive timer, so prepare well with your teammates or risk dying outright.
- Using the Beam Staff, repeatedly casting the basic attack will deal a lot of AoE damage and generate a lot of overcharge. Casting the basic attack repeatedly and then combusting can take out an entire Blackrat patrol at Hard, so use it wisely as a makeshift bomb.
- Beam Staff's alternate attack also staggers Sack Rats, so you can leash it at long ranges before your friends help you finish.
- Burn damage MAY stagger smaller vermins, although this might require future research.

Comments

• Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4
    neither the fireball or conflagration staff's primary fire is a 'straight' projectile, it actually arcs over a distance, which can throw off your aim at first and should be observed.
  • BlondieBlondie 412 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark
    Moved this to the Tutorials forum, since it seems more in that vein :)
    Livestream Producer / IT-Technician | @ omfgblondie
  • PyrosaPyrosa 40 PointsMember, Level2
    THANKS! This has been perplexing me since starting... I had just started to accept the fact that I'd be taking damage for ALL venting.
  • PyrosaPyrosa 40 PointsMember, Level2
    Addendum: Thanks again! It may be "old" info, but this drastically improved my HP retention last night! I opted for a mace with add'l knockback & stamina, and played crowd control when not crowd-damaging MUCH more often, just letting the BW's natural cooldown "do its thing" when no emergency was at hand. I fully expect to be able to handle Cata soon, once I get more Blue+ gear.
  • weadfsrrq3weweadfsrrq3we 22 PointsMember, Level1
    Pyrosa said:

THANKS! This has been perplexing me since starting... I had just started to accept the fact that I'd be taking damage for ALL venting.

Wait, how do you vent without taking damage?
  • Jakal_of_Kazak_VlagJakal_of_Kazak_Vlag 158 PointsMember, Level4

Pyrosa said:

Wait, how do you vent without taking damage?
    there should be two sets of brackets on her heat gauge, one near the middle and one on the very edge. inside of the first brackets you don't take damage. inside the second brackets, more heat doesn't make you explode. outside both brackets and sienna becomes a human bomb very briefly before ruining the match 98% of the time.

This discussion has been closed.