The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Urgent Server Update Request

There is a player who is blatantly hacking. When he is kicked from the server, the server crashes.

I'll post the crash log. If you require the System Information section, I will PM that to an admin. I don't think it'll matter though as it happens on all the servers that are currently online, and just looks like an index out of bounds exception:

Crash in application: C++ exception
[string "data\lib\network\team\TeamManager.lua"]:947: attempt to index local 'member' (a nil value)
SCRIPT STACK
-------------------------------
Callstack:
               application.cpp  (2546)    Application::run                                    
                      main.cpp  (808)     app_run                                             
                      main.cpp  (1193)    app_entry_filtered                                  
                      main.cpp  (851)     app_entry                                           
                      main.cpp  (609)     WinMain                                             
                        crt0.c  (263)     __tmainCRTStartup                                   
                      kernel32  (???)     BaseThreadInitThunk                                 
                         ntdll  (???)     RtlInitializeExceptionChain                         
                         ntdll  (???)     RtlInitializeExceptionChain                         
Current thread: Main

Comments

• EnFissionEnFission 12 PointsMember, Level1
    No reply for over 2 weeks... If you aren't going to fix it at least say so. Then I can just turn off the server that is getting hit with this the most, then ping restrict the other servers.
  • BlondieBlondie 412 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark
    Unfortunately, Lead and Gold is built on tech that is relatively old (the game has only been out for 5 years yes, but technology moves rapidly). We're not going to be able to deploy a fix for this.

Sorry for your inconvenience!
    Livestream Producer / IT-Technician | @ omfgblondie
  • ChallengerChallenger 12 PointsMember, Level1

Fatshark never support  admin  and owners server good verry good fatshark

• WizlizWizliz 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Blondie said:

Unfortunately, Lead and Gold is built on tech that is relatively old (the game has only been out for 5 years yes, but technology moves rapidly). We're not going to be able to deploy a fix for this.

Sorry for your inconvenience!
    Om ni inte tänker göra något för att få bort spelare som fuskar, då bör ni väl ta bort spelet från steam!? Nonchalans som detta bäddar inte gott inför framtida titlar. Fixa koden och sänk priset på steam så kanske det kan gå att blåsa liv i spelet igen, för det är ju ett trots allt ett för övrigt roligt spel.

just my 2 c
  • ChallengerChallenger 12 PointsMember, Level1
    I aprove Wizliz please all delete fastshark game of steam the communauty need supporting by fastshark
  • BobSmoothBobSmooth 22 PointsMember, Level1
    They've blatantly stated they will not provide any assistance on this issue.

I think a game review with this information stated is the least that can be done. Why should anyone buy a copy of the game if they are not going to take any action to prevent cheating? Why am I paying for a server if they are going to turn a cold shoulder to issues such as these?

If you are not going to deploy a fix please allow access to the code so that the users can. Obviously your investment in the game is long over. Sell the rights and we will do it for you.

This discussion has been closed.