The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Skaven Heretics

KasquitKasquit 30 PointsMember, Level2
Do you recognize the existence of Skaven who worship other Gods besides Horned Rat?
Probably most fans do not recognize it but for me it is really interesting.

Rats of Clan Skryre are brilliant as Tzeentch.

Clan Pestliens really worship probably masked Nurgle.

Rats of Clan Moulder like mutations as Tzeentch and like to inflict pain, as Slaanesh and create such bloodthirsty monsters as Khorne. I do not know whether Nurgle applies to them, even though sometimes they do different interests with Clan Pestliens.

Rats of Clan Eshin murder as Khorne and Khaine (for me, these are separate deities), use different methods of fight than loud brute strength as Slaanesh, mutate as likes Tzeentch.
Besides, they have their house in Cathay, where some men worship Tzeentch.
Thick and slow Nurgle does not match to them.

Some minor clans also may derogate from path of Horned Rat.

I recognize it. What do you think about it?

Comments

• BlondieBlondie 412 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark
    It's a cool idea, indeed! It would add an interesting dynamic with a rat-clan with the boon of a chaos god! I imagine giant red rat with horns and batwings!
    Livestream Producer / IT-Technician | @ omfgblondie
  • KasquitKasquit 30 PointsMember, Level2
    edited June 2015
    Blondie said:

It's a cool idea, indeed! It would add an interesting dynamic with a rat-clan with the boon of a chaos god! I imagine giant red rat with horns and batwings!

So I influenced on this game?
    There will be mutated rats there?
    You are one of the creators? :D
    It is a pity that in the End Times, as everything would come to an end, not disclosed Skaven heretics. :(

Anyway for me End Times sucks:
    - Nagash is on the side of order (but undead are the most evil and most dangerous power on world, even in the Children of the Horned Rat says that a Imperial nobleman hired Skaven against undead, and now see...)
    - Malekith is on the side of order (but dark elves in the past many times allied with chaos, skaven, greenskins and never have been allied with order...)
    - absolutely all greenskins are against chaos and skaven (in Tome of Corruption is written that some greenskins live in the Chaos Wastes, during the Great War against Chaos, some of them fought in the chaos armies against Kislev and Empire, even somewhere I found the information that were goblins chaos in Archaon horde, in Orcslayer was mutated orcs,  sometimes they were allied with skaven, not to mention the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning)
    - Empire of Chaos Dwarfs, Cathay, Nippon and presumably Kingdoms of Ind was destroyed by orcs and uncool Grimgor (This is a great loss for clans Skryre and Eshin, probably most of the Clan Eshin was slaughtered)
    I'm very sad. :(
    But well though, that GW wants to give licenses to more games. :)

And if outside skaven will be other enemies in the game?
  • Maverick84Maverick84 69 PointsMember, Level3, Beta Tester
    They made it in a sense that in the tabletop game any races can play together now I think

Well until that age of sigmar thing happened...
  • folklorefolklore 47 PointsMember, Level2
    Kasquit said:

Do you recognize the existence of Skaven who worship other Gods besides Horned Rat?
    Probably most fans do not recognize it but for me it is really interesting.

Rats of Clan Skryre are brilliant as Tzeentch.

Clan Pestliens really worship probably masked Nurgle.

Rats of Clan Moulder like mutations as Tzeentch and like to inflict pain, as Slaanesh and create such bloodthirsty monsters as Khorne. I do not know whether Nurgle applies to them, even though sometimes they do different interests with Clan Pestliens.

Rats of Clan Eshin murder as Khorne and Khaine (for me, these are separate deities), use different methods of fight than loud brute strength as Slaanesh, mutate as likes Tzeentch.
    Besides, they have their house in Cathay, where some men worship Tzeentch.
    Thick and slow Nurgle does not match to them.

Some minor clans also may derogate from path of Horned Rat.

I recognize it. What do you think about it?

Personally I really can't see many skaven being khornate in nature, not counting those who get jobs that put them in fighting constantly. Most of them I definitely see following khaine if they knew about him. 

Clan moulder is a weird one, in that they appeal to at least three of the chaos gods.  Most obvisouly Tzeentch and nurgle, with slaneesh being less obvious for me. They in particularly worked with pesticlence in order to create the black plague that hit the empire and rest of the world hard.  Not to mention the crafting of insects that feast of death and decay. 

Very interesting theory though. 
  • Alluvian_Est_EndratiAlluvian_Est_Endrati 91 PointsMember, Level2
    No-one is immune to the corruption of Chaos. While Skaven are pre-disposed towards the Horned Rat, it would not be impossible to have Skaven affiliated with the other Ruinous Powers, just rare. In order for them to survive, just like chaos-touched people in the Empire, they would have to flee society and either become a loner or join some other chaos force (cult, warband, etc) somewhere in the world.

In a sense the Horned Rat is very similar to a unified Chaos god, save that certain aspects (like Slaanesh) are kind of missing from their makeup. In my mind's eye I have always seen the Horned Rat as a way to bridge the gap between Tzeentch and Nurgle; cleverness and scheming combined with the feverish "life" of a species that is a plague upon the world.

Some of the other Chaos gods of the world fit a similar pattern. Hashut, of the Chaos Dwarves, as an example is a bridge between Khorne and Tzeentch (in theory). Khaine of course, while an entity in of himself, is a bridge between Khorne and Slaanesh.
  • VelgarnVelgarn 76 PointsMember, Level3
    edited September 2015
    Well, skaven do not worship the Gods of Chaos since they have the Horned Rat, and their society do not allow them to "think" too much out of the crowd (they are a bunch of backstabbers, so.. go figure).

Also, in Age of Sigmar, the Horned Rat is now officially a Chaos  God, along with the other four so... it would make even less sense
    In Skavenblight Gazette was something about skaven of different religion. :D
    But the magazine is fanmade, so it's just "it could be".

The facts that i've wrote came directly from the core books
    What books do you mean?
    Well, Skaven Army Book and the new Books of Age Of Sigmar, where now Skavens are part of the Chaos Faction
    http://mysticaldonkey1.deviantart.com/art/Skaven-Mutant-300447639
    And this skaven mutant is not mutated by Tzeentch?
    What do you think?
    It is official. :)
    An assassin mutated by other skaven is in line with the lore. That's what clan Moulder usually do
    edited October 2015
    Blondie said:

I asked GW about about Tzeentch skaven in WFRP.
    They wrote back:
    Hi

Thanks for the email. We will pass the suggestion over to our design team!

Kind regards

So there is hope: D
This discussion has been closed.