The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Q&A Troubleshooting

LiVamLiVam 308 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark
edited November 2014 in Hamilton's Great Adventure
Q: I have Windows 7 and when I launch the game it says I am missing d3d11.dll?
A: Run Windows update and make sure you have DirectX11 installed. 

Q: How do I get DirectX11 if I run Windows Vista?
A: Use the Windows update to get service pack 2 (service pack 1 is required before you can get service pack 2). If you are unable to get the service pack from Windows update, you can go to and download the service packs from there. When you have installed the service packs follow this link and download the DirectX end user runtime web installer. Finally get the: Update for Windows Vista (KB971512) from here
When this is done you have everything you need to play the game. 

Q: When I launch the game an error message saying “The application was unable to start correctly (0x0150002).” appears.
A: You need to install Visual Studio 2008 Redistributable Package. It is available here: Visual Studio 2008 Redist

Q: When I launch the game an error message saying “The program can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer.” appears.
A: You need to download and install Visual Studio 2010 Redistributable Package. It is available here

Q: When I launch the game an error message saying “The application can’t start because PhysXLoader.dll is missing from your computer.” appears.
A: You need to install Nvidia PhysX System Software. It is available here: PhysX

Q: When I launch the game after installation, the game closes instantly and returns to the desktop.
A: The installation contains some components that in some cases require a restart of the computer to work correctly.

Q: When I start the game there is no sound.
A: Go to the control panel, choose Sound. Under the Playback tab, left click your speakers and choose properties. In speaker properties choose the advanced tab. There you can change your sample rate. Change the sample rate to 24 bit, 48000 Hz (studio quality) and then click apply. Now you should have sound. 

Q: When I launch the game I get "NXCreatePhysicsSDK() failed! Make sure you have the correct PhysX version installed" or "PhysXLoader.dll is missing".
A: Try uninstalling your current version of PhysX and then install the version that comes bundled with the game located in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\hamilton's great adventure\install

Q: The game closes instantly after "Preparing to launch Hamilton's Great Adventure" is displayed from the Steam client.
A: Try starting hamilton.exe in the folder where the game is installed, e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\hamilton's great adventure. Preferably navigate to this folder using the Windows Command Prompt and start the file with the command "hamilton.exe -bundle-dir bundle" (without quotes). This might be helpful in producing a more accurate startup error message than Steam.

Q: Trying to start the game produces a general Windows error message
A: This might have been because of trying to run the game on a single core processor before our latest patch was applied. Update the game from Steam and try again.
If you still experience problems, please contact hamilton@support.fatshark.se and attach any error reports found in

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\FatShark\Hamilton\crash_reports
along with any minidump file located in the game's install folder
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\hamilton's great adventure

Q: The game crashes to a black screen at startup
A: Check to see if you have enabled Steam Cloud synchronization for the game. Right click on the game's title in your games library and select Properties. Under the "Updates" tab, make sure to check the box. If the box is greyed out, you need to enable the global setting first. It can be found under Steam/Properties and the tab "Downloads+Cloud".

Producer

Twitter
This discussion has been closed.