The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

White Rat tips

pondelikpondelik 22 PointsMember, Level1
One thing that makes this level easier for me.

Stay on the platform at the beginning and don't drop down after the after the lighting strike opens the way. Once the way is open the Stormvermin spawn at the crank. I then use a rifle to snipe them from up on the platform. After you snipe the two you can see the others come running and you can snipe them or kill them when they climb up. This helps you to save resources for later. This also tends to bring the first wave and you can kill them at the same time.

Any other tips that people have for this one.

Comments

• DragoNDragoN 165 PointsMember, Level4
    Cut the rope and jump down. Easier to defend against stormvermins.

Use the tunnel to carry the barrels.
  • lVlountainlVlanlVlountainlVlan 27 PointsMember, Level2
    Do not conserve ammunition on the first and second floors:
    After the pillar has been destroyed, via black powder barrels, there will be three more ammunition piles spawned on the third floor.

I am still trying to beat this level on Cataclysm, and that is my best advice, so far.
    Cheers.
  • KimberKimber 44 PointsMember, Level3
    Taking this idea a step further:

At the beginning, all stay up the top and clear as much as you can, volunteer one lucky member to run and cut the rope to open the door. Then this very lucky person can run back under the lightning thing with the newly spawned stormvermin. One bomb is usually enough to clear most of them .
  • EnigmaEnigma 12 PointsMember, Level1
    I agree with Dragon, cut the rope and get into position...
  • Alistair_MacbainAlistair_Macbain 30 PointsMember, Level2
    For the second part take the barrels together.
    Hold left on the wall and move from one barrel to another. As soon as a horde spawns drop the barrel at a save location and kill the horde first.
    For the ogre there are some nice little drops so you can fight him at the first area with the rope. If you have trouble with the ogre you might want to consider using those drops.
  • InfinityInfinity 3 PointsMember, Level2
    Well, I actually don't like the "cut rope and jump down" strategy which can easily get you surrounded. The view from the corner is pretty limited so you basically giving up the chance to kill any special from afar.

When you cut the rope 3 stormvermins will appear. One from a hole not far away, one from near the edge beside the abyss and one from where you drop down at the beginning. If you stay where you cut the rope and move out a little you can see all 3 of them super clear. Then you can shoot them without getting blocked easily because you are at a high groud and they are moving straight to you. But for this strategy it's better the other 3 teammembers also be on the highgroud and protect the sniper of the team. Without these 3 fixed spawn there should be only 2 more stormvermins coming from the stair or climbing up to you. I tried this strategy as the Wizard with 2 bots at nightmare and cleared 1st floor quite easily.
  • InfinityInfinity 3 PointsMember, Level2
    Well, I actually don't like the "cut rope and jump down" strategy which can easily get you surrounded. The view from the corner is pretty limited so you basically giving up the chance to kill any special from afar.

When you cut the rope 3 stormvermins will appear. One from a hole not far away, one from near the edge beside the abyss and one from where you drop down at the beginning. If you stay where you cut the rope and move out a little you can see all 3 of them super clear. Then you can shoot them without getting blocked easily because you are at a high groud and they are moving straight to you. But for this strategy it's better the other 3 teammembers also be on the highgroud and protect the sniper of the team. Without these 3 fixed spawn there should be only 2 more stormvermins coming from the stair or climbing up to you. I tried this strategy as the Wizard with 2 bots at nightmare and cleared 1st floor quite easily.
  • QuanrianQuanrian 117 PointsMember, Level4
    This can help tremendously if you keep losing barrels on the second floor for whatever reason. Barrels you've successfully used will still spawn and this includes the one that is quite close to the pillar. In other words, you can keep using that same barrel three times. If I recall the other two had to be detonated for it to respawn but it should still respawn and save you a lot of effort getting those further two in. Otherwise, you really should be tossing barrels away when rats come and make sure to not fight near them.

It also seems a lot easier fighting the Rat Ogre on the second floor rather than having him literally right on you as you're going for the first chain. Not sure if it's a glitch or what but I have managed to one shot the Rat Ogre on the second floor multiple times with a bomb, first on Normal using bots and another time on Hard also using bots. Although, I really wouldn't suggest doing this stage at all with bots as they tend to get wiped pretty easily on the first floor but it 'is' possible and at least your bots will be using the kit you'd be using on that character.

Not seen this mentioned, those crystal traps on the first floor can be extremely useful in even taking out Storm Vermin. So, while you might take damage you'll likely take more from multiple Storm Vermin that could potentially be instant killed or severely injured. If you really want to do this, look for the scorch marks on the ground to see the target area. For me, this has randomly wiped out huge groups of rushing Skaven in an instant.
    Eat the game before it devours your life!
  • BelmontBelmont 124 PointsMember, Level3
    edited October 2016
    Rat Ogre Fight :

the safer thing to do at the Ogre, just after being gone up-stairs, activate the Final Event & go forward to go down, at the bottom of the map & reach the 1st floor (where you must cut the rope) as fast as possible.

it will prevent from the "UNLUCKY Out Of Map PUNCH", the safer place to fight this Ogre,
    plus if your team isn't a sponge Med, you could grab some stuff that you had left on your way in the first passage,

then go back to the last floor for breaking the pillars.
    Also known as Seb@s (ID)
This discussion has been closed.