The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

What this game needs to be perfect

Before I say anything: I know the Devs are working on Vermintide right now and their time is probably limited and focused on other projects. That being said this post is intended to bring up some ideas on what the Devs could do when they have free time to really make this game all it could be. This game has so much potential and that should not be squandered because of the lack of online play. These are the things that could be done to improve this game and make it worth its price tag , large online community or not.

Add a BOT mode that is playable offline. Having CPU A.I. or BOTS to play with will make this game worth every penny even years from now. I have spoken to people would be willing to buy and play this game if bots were involved. Having BOTS available in an offline mode means you can play this game anywhere at anytime. Regardless of who is online. This will also help online play overall. Even games with teams like 2v2 could have a few BOTS thrown in on each team, making it so people can experience a more genuine online game, making it seem like there are more players online then there actually is. The tutorial of this game also already contains BOTS, they just spawn on a timer and you cannot select a map or the amount of bots on each team. Now I do not know much about coding and game developing but that tells me that some of the work to implement BOTS must already be there. Now If I can just pick what map, game type and the number of BOTS in my game (Possibly BOTS difficulty as well?) then the game would become incredibly versatile.

Steam workshop. This one is more of just an idea. Like I said earlier, I do not know much about game design and coding but if steam workshop was a possibility then interest in this game may spike. People like custom Maps, skins and game mods. Community content can create a game alive with little to no input from the Development team. This is a way to get more content through the community. Then again: I do not know how much work it is to get a game ready for Steam Workshop so it could end up being more work for the team then it seems to be worth. (Steam Workshop also opens up the possibility of the community creating things like BOTS or new game modes).

If I was living in a dream world where I could have anything I want, I'd have the Dev team make one last update for this game and make that update include BOTS and a few new features and then have a "relaunch" type of event. Get the word out that this is the new and improved to Lead and Gold. The updated version. I know that dream is unrealistic but I truly believe this game has only dipped off in popularity due to people not knowing that it exists and the quite online community. If this game were to be relaunched on PC or even on a console like the PS4 of Xbone I would imagine it would quickly rise in popularity. It is fun, easy to get the hang of and looks and feels great. You guys put a lot of work into this game yet all the discussions on the steam forum are: "Is anyone playing this game anymore?" . I don't think this game should be avoided by people who want to buy it just because they have no one to play online with. Has anyone else seen the server list lately? I think I saw a tumbleweed roll by my screen when I looked at it because it is so deserted.

This game is great. Don't let it die just because the online community has dispersed. People want to play but won't unless there is others to play with. Best of luck Devs! And thank you for everything!

Comments

• minimishuminimishu 28 PointsMember, Level1
    I have to agree with some of your points, i would add: a way to remove cheaters without crashing server,a new mode like payload.And if the developers don't want to update the game at least make it free to play because as if right now you can't find a match(1 little mach) and the only thing you can do its just play practice with bots that just stay there waiting for you to shoot them.
  • TastyWheatTastyWheat 12 PointsMember, Level1
    minimishu said:

I have to agree with some of your points, i would add: a way to remove cheaters without crashing server,a new mode like payload.And if the developers don't want to update the game at least make it free to play because as if right now you can't find a match(1 little mach) and the only thing you can do its just play practice with bots that just stay there waiting for you to shoot them.

Good point. Making if free to play would be an option that would increase the player base greatly.
    Maybe even making one or two games modes free and then making the rest only available to those who want to purchase the full game. Anything to get more people into this game. It is too well done to leave forgotten.
  • DragoNDragoN 165 PointsMember, Level4
    You cant find games? Every time I open the server list (pressing L) I find a lot of games.
  • minimishuminimishu 28 PointsMember, Level1

Just took this, i don't know what game you think we are talking about ,but this is the situation here at any time.On weekends there is a chance 1 of the servers will have a 5v5 but only 1 server .
    lead.JPG
    799 x 600 - 36K
  • DragoNDragoN 165 PointsMember, Level4
    My bad. Didn't realized and posted on the wrong forums. Sorry, :(
  • ardaaytacardaaytac 12 PointsMember, Level1
    edited December 2015
    Hi,just bought the game,gameplay is very nice but please do something with playerbase. Right now its so low..
  • penfold82penfold82 12 PointsMember, Level1
    I agree with all your ideas TastyWheat. I find this game is heaps of fun even with the current limitations. I'd like to see another character type and possibly a campaign or scenario idea as well. Or maybe just a few huge map. 8 player would be interesting too :)
This discussion has been closed.