The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

New Items Update!

DudlerDudler 31 PointsToadman
We are looking to add some more items in an upcoming update and would love to hear some suggestions from the community of what you would like to see. : )

Comments

• CedricCedric 40 PointsMember, Level2
    Can of surströmming, passive: taunts enemies
    Active: Explosions, fire and gas clouds with nice damage!

Fish is nutricious so gives more energy and energy regeneration
  • HarmlessHarmless 2 PointsMember, Level1
    Iron sphere
    Passive: + armor or + deflect
    Active: +++ Armor, +++ deflect, ---- move and attack for x seconds
    Skalpel
    +attack speed, + crit chance

I'd say the build reqs should be a first aid kit, two butter knives, and an automagical slicer, except those don't align properly.
  • MorsaiMorsai 23 PointsMember, Level1
    I think that an item with

+Tech Power
    +Crit Chance

would be very helpful. I like having crit chance as a tech damage user, but i don't feel that there is a solid choice for that.
    to balance it you could have it have -Health regen or -crit damage %.

While i know that this forum is about new items, I would appreciate new item sorting buttons. It seems that there would be enough room to add buttons for lifestealing, crit chance, health regen, energy regen :D

Really enjoying the game so far! keep it up!

• SheepsAholySheepsAholy 13 PointsMember, Level2
    edited April 2015
    Right now, I think personally we need more items involving attack damage. and I feel like more items with deflect of a higher value than 15% would be interesting. So maybe something like this:

+Atkdmg
    +Deflect
    +Vamp Strike
    -Health

Passive: Eradicate, Spikey

Perhaps even a new kind of shield:

+80 Energy
    +8% Deflect
    +6% Armor
    -5% Movement
    After playing a lot as a healer, I think it would be useful to have the option to do more damage. So an item that does AOE dmg around the heal target would be wonderful. It could either do damage based on the amount healed or based on your tech power.
  • How4MuchHow4Much 172 PointsMember, Level3, Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
    After playing a lot as a healer, I think it would be useful to have the option to do more damage. So an item that does AOE dmg around the heal target would be wonderful. It could either do damage based on the amount healed or based on your tech power.
    I like this, but i have no clue how it would be implanted into the game without making it useless in higher waves or OP in lower waves.

As for based on Tech:
    it'd have to be like 400% tech power to do some damage in high waves (enemies have ~60k hp) and you stand there with 1k tech, but that makes it OP for lower waves because you can easilly get 200 tech (enemis have about 2k-4k health) with a cooldown on your heal of about 2-4 seconds. 

As for based on heals:
    in lower waves it's fine, scale it for 70-120% of your heal and there's nice dmg. though in higher waves you're either full hp or dead, so there are no heals. even if you heal it's like 1-2k while enemies have ~60k hp)

P.S the numbers might not be completely right since i cant memorize every wave and tech depends on your build.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

Bloodsports:
    #1 beta tester 21/3/2015 - 27/3/2015
    #3 beta tester 27/3/2015 - 28/3/2015

• Tejan55Tejan55 13 PointsMember, Level1
    Morsai said:

Wouldn't this combined with Luna be a bit too strong? Say you have three people crowding a boss and you heal all three this would cause an explosion on all three of them and hit the boss three times.

I like the idea to make healers a bit more useful on the damage front, but this doesn't seem like the way to make it happen.
    Morsai said:

Something like casting a life drain aura?
  • ValioSC2ValioSC2 22 PointsMember, Level1
    Expand your AD Item pool. If you try playing as a Ranged Physical Damage DPS it is apsolutelly horrible. There are 4 pure dps items. And with a 6 item build without making the item that taunts and is for bruisers, taking every crit item i only got to 35%.
  • Lunas_DreamsLunas_Dreams 12 PointsMember, Level1
    a block item with 20% block but without the taunt ability would be great.
    Some more items with 30% vamp strike would also be great right now there are only the boots(for creepcamps) kayle(the axe) and the stackable tech item. so for some decend vamp build you would ahve to buy an item twice and would jsut waste money on passives which dotn work together
    Tejan55 said:

Morsai said:

Wouldn't this combined with Luna be a bit too strong? Say you have three people crowding a boss and you heal all three this would cause an explosion on all three of them and hit the boss three times.

I like the idea to make healers a bit more useful on the damage front, but this doesn't seem like the way to make it happen.
    I agree, it could become OP if AOE heals were allowed to propagate AOEs as well. I believe that this could be avoided by making the triggered damage AOE only occur on the first target hit, or possibly the target that received the most healing. I think this would work especially well considering that often the highest heal will occur on the tank, who at the time of needing a heal would likely be surrounded by creeps :D

Another idea that comes to mind would be an item that gives your abilities an additional affect, either applied on enemies or on allies. Possibly an item that adds damage mitigation (either a % or a base number) to allies affected by your ability. It could be balanced by adding cooldown time to the ability, a reduction in tech power, or a cooldown on the items ability (you could cast as often as normal, but the the additional effect would only be able to occur every 6 seconds etc.) The same idea could be applied to damaging effects also, i know that right now there is an item that slows enemies that attack you. You could create a similar, albeit weaker % version, that makes your damaging abilities/attacks slow the targets hit.
This discussion has been closed.