The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Recommend a microphone

KEV1NKEV1N 106 PointsMember, Level3
Looking to get one so I can yell at talk to people when playing Vermintide. I've never bothered with one before so I'm looking for some recommendations. Nothing too fancy though.

Comments

• SlobMikeSlobMike 32 PointsMember, Level2
    Depends if you want wireless or not.
  • NeoheresyNeoheresy 36 PointsMember, Level2
    edited October 2015
    For wired, go ahead with Zalman ZM-MIC1. It's cheaper than you'd think and is much, much better than you would expect it to be.
  • hvwdeshvwdes 39 PointsMember, Level2
    I find the Blue Microphones Snowball to be quite nice. It's not cheap, but it's not that expensive either. You should definitely look into it!
  • KEV1NKEV1N 106 PointsMember, Level3
    Thanks guys I'll take a look later.
  • TheDementedRavenTheDementedRaven 39 PointsMember, Level2
    edited October 2015
    hvwdes said:

I find the Blue Microphones Snowball to be quite nice. It's not cheap, but it's not that expensive either. You should definitely look into it!

I second this. I've been told to get this mic. I've heard it and the quality is worth it's price.
    You can get a half decent deal on one on Ebay so I've been told. (I've not checked so take this with a pinch of salt)
    Wife of "Blood_Claw" <3
    Gaming Madness here: https://www.youtube.com/TheDementedRaven
    :D
  • maimusmaimus 58 PointsMember, Level2
    edited December 2015
    hvwdes said:

I have a Snowball, It doesn’t pick up my voice loudly enough. I’m not sure if it is because of the background noise (PC fan, seriously it is like a small plane in my room) or just me being quite in general. I even tryed holding it up to my mouth and it still wasnt as loud as i would imagin.

So I just stick to my head set mic. I have a Razer Tiamat 7.1
    STEAM | Today is going to be AWESOME! Why? Why not!!!
  • KimberKimber 44 PointsMember, Level3
    Depends if you want a headset or standalone mic. Personally I prefer stand alones, I always end up yelling when i start talking with headphones on. I use a Rode podcaster, which with all the accessories to mount it on a desk arm cost around €170, probably out of most peoples budget but the audio quality is great and I used it for audio production so made sense to me.
  • Lulle86Lulle86 12 PointsMember, Level1
    I have the Zalman ZM-MIC1 too. A friend of mine recommended it to me. And now i do it to you :) Even if u already bought yours then the next person who reads this knows it :).
This discussion has been closed.