The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Traits?

BennyBenny 12 PointsMember, Level1
Hey everyone,

Just picked up the game & unlocked the forge. Now, I've unlocked a few weapons that have abilities that say:

"Use forge to unlock traits"

Yet when I go to the forge I don't see any way to do so? What am I missing here?

Thanks for your time

Comments

• VorthaxVorthax 38 PointsMember, Level2
    You need to use the UPGRADE tab in the forge. In that tab you will see a place to drag the weapon and gems at the bottom. White, green, and blue. Those gems will unlock the abilities. Some take more gems than others. If you trash an item, you get gems for them so not totally wasted. Hope this helps. Now just pray for the servers to come up soon =)
  • JLBJLB 91 PointsMember, Level4
    Also, this is entirely the wrong forum to use. And gee, checking out the entire forge could have worked, who knew.
  • Styx_the_BrokenStyx_the_Broken 22 PointsMember, Level1
    JLB said:

Also, this is entirely the wrong forum to use. And gee, checking out the entire forge could have worked, who knew.

You don't have to be a dick about it
  • TirovanaTirovana 101 PointsMember, Level3
    what people said above is correct, but when it comes to upgrading to unlock your traits see example below;

Green = 1 trait will cost white gem to unlock
    Blue = 2 traits will cost green gems to unlock
    Orange - 3 traits will cost blue gems to unlock

You dont have to unlock the traits left to right you can unlock whatever one you desire first.

Example Exotic (orange) weapon

Trait 1 = Regrowth
    Trait 2 = Increas Stam by 2
    Trait 3 = Increase attack speed on normal hit

On this example if you wanted you can upgrade trait 3 first - This would cost you one blue gem.
    Then you could unlock trait 1 - This will cost you 3 blue gems.
    Then you can unlock trait 2 - costing you 5 blue gems.

You could unlock the traits in any order you so desire, but the cost of the gems seems to stay the same. Incase you are wondering on the gems, you obtain these gems by melting ( salvaging ) the colour coresponding weapon.

Melting 1 Blue weapon can give a different amount of gems so far to me it is random ( unless anyone knows otherwise ) you may be lucky to melt 1 blue and receive 3 gems or you may only get 1 blue gem, either way this is how you unlock your traits. Hope this has helped :)
This discussion has been closed.