The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Khazalid question

JLBJLB 91 PointsMember, Level4
I'm not a WHFB person, a 40k pleb myself, but playing the game got me pretty interested in the Dwarf language. I'm yet to look much up (possibly so as not to be disappointed if I see that most of it has been made for VT?), but there's something that isn't directly explained in the game. Bardin has nicknames for each of the other heroes, but what they actually mean is never said in the tips, they're just marked as nicknames.

I've figured out, more or less, what Kerillian and Kruber's nicknames mean (Wutelgi - Wood Elf (Khazalid is Germanic enough for this to make sense); Azumgi - Blade of Man(lings)), but I can't figure out what "Grimgi" and "Zharrin" stand for. Anyone can point me to an answer? And, if it does turn out that Khazalid doesn't have much more to it, I suppose news are better broken like this.

Comments

• VelgarnVelgarn 76 PointsMember, Level3
    Grim: Harsh, unyielding.
    Zharr: Fire.

The first is the Witch hunter and the second the Bright Wizard.
  • JLBJLB 91 PointsMember, Level4
    Velgarn said:

Heh, well, that sorts it out, thanks. I'm going to then guess that there's more to the language, so I suppose it'll feed my linguistic curiosity.

• ThodenThoden 12 PointsMember, Level1
    JLB said:

Velgarn said:

Heh, well, that sorts it out, thanks. I'm going to then guess that there's more to the language, so I suppose it'll feed my linguistic curiosity.

http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/tutorials/article/114-dwarf-language-khazalid-a-definitive-guide/
This discussion has been closed.