The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch

KommissarKommissar 211 PointsMember, Level4, Beta Tester
edited October 2015 in Other Warhammer Games
Heyo,

Reminds me a lil bit of Space Hulk.
What do you think about that game? :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/394450/?snr=1_5_1100__1100
Go Hard or Go Home

Comments

• VlasVlas 22 PointsMember, Level2
    I just got it a few days ago. It is freakin fun. The only thing that is annoying is that if I leave a game in the middle of it, my characters lose all their XP.

Otherwise, fun game... great immersion. Lets say a Space Wolf is on the team... well... dont put an Angel on there with them. O.O
  • SejSej 58 PointsMember, Level2
    When I saw the reveal trailer for this I thought it would be completely different. Something like a FPS Co-op where you play as a Dark Angel in a Space Hulk.

But when I went to that link all I thought was "So it's just Space Hulk with a new skin". I dunno, I like games like Space Hulk but there are only so many times you can bring out the same game.

This is just my opinion so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me, hell I'll be happy to be corrected, cos it means that I'll have justification to get the game :P
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burn it to the Ground! Raise a Clamour of War and a Pyre of the Dead so that the Gods might notice us!

Just kidding, you're all heretics.
    I didnt play space hulk, so I dont have a point of reference.

However, in the War40k lore, Deathwatch is a mismatch of space marines from different Factions (forgot the actual term). So you can have Ultramarines with blood angels with space wolves.

They go to Deathwatch as punishment for doing something really bad, but not bad enough to kill them for.

So, it follows lore pretty well, and in this one you fight the Tyranids. I havent gotten far enough to know where it goes, but that is what I am doing now.
    edited October 2015
    @Vlas
    So I think I was mistaken, I said Dark Angels which is right and wrong for this context. What I was thinking of was this:

Space Hulk: Deathwing

I think the term you were looking for was 'Chapters'. Also I was always under the impression that joining the Deathwatch was an honour reserved for only the best in any given chapter (ref: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Deathwatch). I mean it IS a part of the Ordo Xenos within the Inquisition. But you were right when you said it fits lore wise, it makes sense to send the best Xenos killers to a Space Hulk lol :P
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Burn it to the Ground! Raise a Clamour of War and a Pyre of the Dead so that the Gods might notice us!

Yeah, it has been a while since I read the books that talks about them. I honestly have a few books waiting to be read, hehe.

But, Deathwatch is different than Space Hulk, in that you are attacking Xenos not running through a space hulk. I honestly never knew why they didnt just destroy space hulks. They always have Chaos, or Xenos of some sort on them.

Deathwatch has Blood Angels and Dark Angels on it. When the Space Wolf talks about them, they talk about the Dark Angels and how they are traitors.

This actually highlights the game/interface pretty well.

@Vlas

Watching this I can see how it's pretty different to the other Space Hulk games I've played, I'll have to have a closer look and some point and make up my mind about it.

But yeah, thanks for the video and info, been helpful :D

As to why they don't destroy Space Hulks when they come across them, I assume it's because it would probably take a whole fleet to destroy something so monolithic.
    That and I'm sure the time it's spend free floating in real space and in the Warp without a Gellar Field would have changed it somewhat into some abhorrent monster. :P
    Also who knows what shiny things lay aboard such a thing, many treasures lost probably :)

Thats true. Werent artifacts found on the Hulks before?

I dunno though. The amount of lives lost looking through them must be staggering compared to just destroying it.
  • KommissarKommissar 211 PointsMember, Level4, Beta Tester
    I really enjoy that feeling you have in deathwatch... put an smurf and an space wolf in a squad and just listen :D hilarious
    Go Hard or Go Home

• Cpt_TeemoCpt_Teemo 59 PointsMember, Level2
    Vlas said:

I didnt play space hulk, so I dont have a point of reference.

However, in the War40k lore, Deathwatch is a mismatch of space marines from different Factions (forgot the actual term). So you can have Ultramarines with blood angels with space wolves.

They go to Deathwatch as punishment for doing something really bad, but not bad enough to kill them for.

So, it follows lore pretty well, and in this one you fight the Tyranids. I havent gotten far enough to know where it goes, but that is what I am doing now.

Space Wolves generally serve in the Wolfblade before the Deathwatch.
This discussion has been closed.