The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

Known Issues & Workarounds

AlouattaAlouatta 88 PointsModerator, Fatshark
edited October 2015 in Feedback & Bugs (PC)

If you get an error message that says you are missing d3dcompiler_46.dll

- Please delete your user_settings.config file in %appdata% (\AppData\Roaming\fatshark\Warhammer End Times Vermintide Public Test).
- The same error occur if you run the Launcher from the installation folder, start it and press Start game.

Error about SlimDX.dll

You can try to replace all the contents of your launcher directory with this new version. Just remove everything in the launcher folder and unzip this file there instead. We'll be rolling out a new launcher, but in the mean time you can try this.
To find the launcher folder do this:
1) In Steam, right-click your "Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide" game in your library and choose "Properties"
2) In Properties goto "LOCAL FILES" tab and click the button "Browse local Files..."
3) In the explorer window that will open there will be a folder named "launcher", that's it.
If you run "Verify Game Cache", the game will revert to the old launcher.

"You need to have steam running to run the game"

Restart or Reinstall Steam
zip
zip
launcher_new.zip
5M

Comments

• AimOnTargetsTVsAimOnTargetsTVs 185 PointsMember, Level4
    Thanks for informing us :)
    Our Server on Discord: https://discord.gg/0ZPZTcCUTVf1dtaA Over 2000 members

aka Aim aka SoloRobin
  • RosenkreuzRosenkreuz 52 PointsMember, Level2
    I should mention that when setting the Launcher to run as administrator, this error will also occur when hitting Start Game.
  • DaFuRoSDaFuRoS 24 PointsMember, Level2, Beta Tester
    Alouatta said:

Please delete your user_settings.config file in %appdata% (\AppData\Roaming\fatshark\Warhammer End Times Vermintide Public Test).

doesnt work for me m8......

GUID: 55c3ff3e-1412-42d2-a4dc-bec5be9582a4
    Log File: mnvukua3.yfd
    Info Type: Public Test/LL
  • AlouattaAlouatta 88 PointsModerator, Fatshark

I should mention that when setting the Launcher to run as administrator, this error will also occur when hitting Start Game.

Did you start the game via your Steam library or from the installation folder? I get the same error, regardless if I set the launcher to run as an admin or not if start it via the luancher.exe in in the installation folder, but never if I start it from the Steam client.
  • DwarfuriousDwarfurious 154 PointsMember, Level4
    Known issue: Skaven try to eat you
    Suggested Fix: Axe their faces
  • darthcrevettedarthcrevette 88 PointsMember, Level3

Known issue: Skaven try to eat you
    Suggested Fix: Axe their faces

How's that an issue? As a fellow dawi, I'd rather have them come to me, than having to chase after them...
  • NoromizNoromiz 190 PointsMember, Level4, Beta Tester
    edited October 2015
    I got this problem too. It started occurring after I installed Windows 10 64bit.

GUID: 941eb744-b812-4709-807f-4ed5b41efab1
    Log File: jv5yocix.eyo
    Info Type: Public Test/LL/CL/CD

EDIT
    I fixed the settings in the Nvidia Controlpanel, where the updated launcher meant the program wasn't using the right video/graphics card. This didn't fix the launching error.

GUID: 7e90c66e-749b-4299-9cc7-97e5f7fa75f0
    Log File: cr0kfnmw.rj2

EDIT 2
    The Nvidia GeForce 358.XX drivers have given me nothing but headaches and troubles...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Known as Don Karnage ingame.
    If you are new to the game, you could always look up this guide Pest Control, a quick start guide to Vermintide or one of the other guides, since they will most often answer your questions :)
    Noromiz said:

I got this problem too. It started occurring after I installed Windows 10 64bit.

GUID: 941eb744-b812-4709-807f-4ed5b41efab1
    Log File: jv5yocix.eyo

EDIT
    I fixed the settings in the Nvidia Controlpanel, where the updated launcher meant the program wasn't using the right video/graphics card. This didn't fix the launching error.

GUID: 7e90c66e-749b-4299-9cc7-97e5f7fa75f0
    Log File: cr0kfnmw.rj2

EDIT 2
    The Nvidia GeForce 358.XX drivers have given me nothing but headaches and troubles...

I managed to solve this by going back to an earlier version of the Nvidia Geforce driver.
    The rollback were to the driver version: 353.62.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are new to the game, you could always look up this guide Pest Control, a quick start guide to Vermintide or one of the other guides, since they will most often answer your questions :)
  • Sharazad87Sharazad87 76 PointsMember, Level3
    Nvidia driver 355.98 works fine and its a more recent driver :)

Steam: UK Sharazad87

Nvidia driver 355.98 works fine and its a more recent driver :)

I may look it up later, right now I just like that my pc works again so that I can complete Memoria :)
    But thanks for the advice.

• JediRiftJediRift 47 PointsMember, Level2
    Alouatta said:

- Please delete your user_settings.config file in %appdata% (\AppData\Roaming\fatshark\Warhammer End Times Vermintide Public Test).
    - The same error occur if you run the Launcher from the installation folder, start it and press Start game.

DOES NOT WORK.

Honestly, all these bugs with this beta has me scratching my head. I have never seen a game decrease in performance and fill with weird bugs from one beta to the next so drastically. I can't even launch the game now.

I am really on the edge of requesting refund. Just saying.

Requested refund.

Might rebuy at a later date if I hear that things are going smoother. Way too many issues for me to have any confidence in the launch when it is so close. Not jumping through 7000 hoops to make the game work as it should.

From music volume slider being removed due to bugs, to huge decreases in performance, to this D3D error where I can't even launch the game now. Nah. No thanks.

Best of luck.
    JediRift said:

Requested refund.

Might rebuy at a later date if I hear that things are going smoother. Way too many issues for me to have any confidence in the launch when it is so close. Not jumping through 7000 hoops to make the game work as it should.

From music volume slider being removed due to bugs, to huge decreases in performance, to this D3D error where I can't even launch the game now. Nah. No thanks.

Best of luck.

I didn't receive any D3D errors until I "upgraded" to the latest Nvidia driver. Have you tried doing a rollback, like people have suggested for a few days (due to the new Nvidia Driver being unstable on some video/graphics cards).
    JediRift said:

Requested refund.

Best of luck.

Why the heck do you request a refund on the forum, especially in the Known Issues and Workaround Thread?
    Not that I can't see where it is coming from, since I have had my doubts about releasing the game this soon (a month longer could have worked wonders).

(Joke, not to be taken seriously)
    But Swedish game developers have a habit of releasing game to soon, cough cough Battlefield 4 cough DICE :D
    (Joke, not to be taken seriously)

• vollspastivollspasti 2 PointsMember, Level1
    Alright, so it was fine playing earlier this morning, now i got the .dll error. I fiddled around with it a bit, and finally managed to boot the game up. Now it completely locks my pc as soon as I zone into the inn. I've had to restart my PC twice already.
    Noromiz said:

Why the heck do you request a refund on the forum, especially in the Known Issues and Workaround Thread?

I didn't. I requested the refund on steam, and it was already granted. The game has been removed from my library and the money is back in my paypal account.

I simply informed them of my decision to request a refund on their forum. After waiting a few hours for any response regarding these issues, and then reading through a pile of other threads where people were running into all kinds of other issues since the inception of this beta, I decided it was best to get my money back. I cannot count the amount of threads where devs are requesting people upload videos, screenshots, and jump through 5,000 hoops to try to get the game to work as intended. With release this close off, the lack of polish made me turn away.

I will keep an eye on this title, but as it stands now, it seems like the devs are just scrambling around last minute and breaking more things as they go. The lack of organization is evident, and I understand that this is not an easy task, but when I put my money down on a title, I expect it to be release ready. This game is nowhere near ready.

JediRift said:

Noromiz said:

I didn't. I requested the refund on steam, and it was already granted. The game has been removed from my library and the money is back in my paypal account.

I simply informed them of my decision to request a refund on their forum. After waiting a few hours for any response regarding these issues, and then reading through a pile of other threads where people were running into all kinds of other issues since the inception of this beta, I decided it was best to get my money back. I cannot count the amount of threads where devs are requesting people upload videos, screenshots, and jump through 5,000 hoops to try to get the game to work as intended. With release this close off, the lack of polish made me turn away.

I will keep an eye on this title, but as it stands now, it seems like the devs are just scrambling around last minute and breaking more things as they go. The lack of organization is evident, and I understand that this is not an easy task, but when I put my money down on a title, I expect it to be release ready. This game is nowhere near ready.

Ahh, now it makes sense :)
    I agree that the game doesn't seem to be running smoothly enough to be released next week, and with the upcoming "Exclusive Beta" (headstart) it seems inevitable that our progress (from the "Exclusive Beta") will be saved to the full release of the game. So I also have my concerns about the upcoming release, but the 10% off made be buy it anyway (though it will probably go on a Steam Sale at some point).

Do you know if Fatshark are the publisher?
    Since there have been quite a few "forced" releases the last few years, and I still look back in horror on Buggerfield 4.

• EliteAussieEliteAussie 22 PointsMember, Level1
    im getting the "Failed to start"(Missing executable)

tried to close steam and delete the appcache folder and restart comp . but still not working.
    Any ideas ??
    Thanks
  • OsquarsOsquars 337 PointsMember, Level5, Beta Tester

im getting the "Failed to start"(Missing executable)

tried to close steam and delete the appcache folder and restart comp . but still not working.
    Any ideas ??
    Thanks

If this is the pre-order version you can not start until later.
    http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/1663/pre-order-beta-info#latest

I am here bearded brethren
    - Osquars

I have made a bunch of Tutorials

Join Blood Moon Inn discord server (Community held)

Follow Blood Moon Inn on Twitter

• HersntalHersntal 22 PointsMember, Level1
    "- Please delete your user_settings.config file in %appdata% (\AppData\Roaming\fatshark\Warhammer End Times Vermintide Public Test).
    - The same error occur if you run the Launcher from the installation folder, start it and press Start game."

Then what to do ?
    Launching from steam gets same error. Deleting the file doesnt work as launching the game pops me out a new user settings file.
  • BlondieBlondie 412 PointsAdministrator, Fatshark
    Updated with info about SlimDX.dll error
    Livestream Producer / IT-Technician | @ omfgblondie
  • HersntalHersntal 22 PointsMember, Level1
    edited October 2015
    I manually put the file in the game directory, and now it says that I need steam to be running while launching the game. What the heck, a solution that actually works would be needed.

Edit : Now it works after hours of trial. Had to manually place the missing 46.dll (copy and paste from my computer) file in the game binaries folder and it worked according to holy spirit and some magic. First had some error with steam not running. And now, I don't know but it worked once at least and I could play. Nice game btw, a bit laggy maybe.
  • DanielWuDanielWu 10 PointsMember, Level1
    GUID: 1d3712f7-4594-4a80-8a90-d66284160b7e
    Log File: rqzn4cl5.dl5
    Info Type: Vermintide/LL/CL
    -----------------------------------------------
  • DanielWuDanielWu 10 PointsMember, Level1
    Alouatta said:

Error about SlimDX.dll

You can try to replace all the contents of your launcher directory with this new version. Just remove everything in the launcher folder and unzip this file there instead. We'll be rolling out a new launcher, but in the mean time you can try this.
    To find the launcher folder do this:
    1) In Steam, right-click your "Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide" game in your library and choose "Properties"
    2) In Properties goto "LOCAL FILES" tab and click the button "Browse local Files..."
    3) In the explorer window that will open there will be a folder named "launcher", that's it.
    If you run "Verify Game Cache", the game will revert to the old launcher.

"You need to have steam running to run the game"

Restart or Reinstall Steam
  • BazzaGazzaBazzaGazza 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Quite annoyed that after downloading the game all night I can't even launch it, even after trying all the suggested steps...

GUID: edd489db-8378-4e3b-9dc2-67490b434b1b
    Log File: 1saza4lo.0my
    Info Type: Vermintide/LL/CL/CD
    [Engine Error]: Version mismatch in bundle e614db3690dddba3.patch_0 expected 4026531844 found 0

Assertion failed `version == VERSION` at `F:\BuildAgent\work\6f7a459b109fb32b\foundation\foundation\resource\bundle.cpp:192`

[Crash Link]:
    http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/edd489db-8378-4e3b-9dc2-67490b434b1b
  • Spectre85Spectre85 12 PointsMember, Level1
    Game doesnt start

GUID: fd7440c2-285a-4cca-b4d7-9d96f2bb8638
    Log File: xvikbrug.vmc
    Info Type: Vermintide/LL

[Crash Link]:
    http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/fd7440c2-285a-4cca-b4d7-9d96f2bb8638
  • monkeyscythemonkeyscythe 12 PointsMember, Level1
    GUID: 493b5d53-563b-4c81-9e30-414a858f8654
    Log File: opd1a3r5.ilj
    [Engine Error]: Access violation (0xc0000005) in build 641a2b5b5fd0
    accessing address 00000007 from 00000007

[Crash Link]:
    http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/493b5d53-563b-4c81-9e30-414a858f8654
  • SplitscopeSplitscope 12 PointsMember, Level1
    I can get in game but as soon as i start fighting something it crashes.

GUID: b9167abc-37f5-4bb5-9d3f-9effa72cc881
    Log File: gq033oez.bio
    [Engine Error]: Access violation (0xc0000005) in build 641a2b5b5fd0
    accessing address 00000063 from 0069FF40

[Crash Link]:
    http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/b9167abc-37f5-4bb5-9d3f-9effa72cc881
  • BaudrosBaudros 12 PointsMember, Level1
    GUID: 7642076e-be1c-4364-a373-5a8b80eb6d25
    Log File: iuaaaahb.nag
    Info Type: Vermintide/LL/CL

[Crash Link]:
    http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/7642076e-be1c-4364-a373-5a8b80eb6d25

I keep getting this :/ have had no problems before, and now I cant play at all, dosnt matter if im standing in the inn, or out on one of the maps, just keeps crashing.
  • Spectre85Spectre85 12 PointsMember, Level1
    GUID: 129b18ae-4ab8-45e9-81a4-83a1297cc06e
    Log File: qk3i2vz1.45i
    Info Type: Vermintide/LL

[Crash Link]:
    http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/129b18ae-4ab8-45e9-81a4-83a1297cc06e

The Game crash at the start
  • FreakoFreako 12 PointsMember, Level1
    edited December 2015
    It is now the fourth time that happened my computer completely is stuck .
    That always happens at the same place at the end on the map Mage Tower .
    While I am playing Sienna and fight for victory , suddenly my graphics card is out and there is an audio error .
    I can then just press the on / off button to restart my PC.
    And this happens only on this map at the end in this game!
    All Treiber up to date.
    Please Fix or Help.

Equipmet:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    i7-4770k
    16Gb Ram
    Win7 64bit up to date
This discussion has been closed.