The forum is in read only mode and will be closing on March 1st 2017.

We are trying to streamline discussion and feedback through more modern channels.

Please provide feedback and discussions over on www.reddit.com/r/vermintide.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fatshark Team
Options

In Age of Sigmar all alliances are possible... WTF?!!?!?!?!?!?!???!!!

KasquitKasquit 30 PointsMember, Level2
I read somewhere that now all alliances are possible...
Can someone explain how sigmarites can ally with khornite (and other chaos)???
Can someone explain how good dwarfs (not chaos dwarfs) can ally with greenskins or skaven???
Can someone explain how hight/wood elves can ally with chaos or skaven???
Is it possible to explain accordance with the Fluff?

Although I hope that further chaos could ally with the orcs and goblins and dark elves, as during the Great War against Chaos and the Age of Reckoning.

For me it is very ridiculous...

Comments

• VelgarnVelgarn 76 PointsMember, Level3
    I think you don't have read carefully anything about AoS.

In Age of Sigamer there are 4 Factions:

Order: Sigmarities, Humans, (All) Elves, "Dwarves" and Treefolks people (now they are a separate race)
    Death: Vampires, Skeletons, Mummies and Ghouls 
    Chaos: the good 'ol gods of chaos PLUS skavens! Yes now the horned rat is a chaos god.
    Destruction: Orcs, Goblins, Ogres and Giants.

Lorewise, every faction fights against the others. If you go to a tournament and play with Elves allied with skavens is only for the purpose of the game, not the lore.

GW is changing many things for the races:

Lorewise, the elves (now called AELF) are missing (many were eat by Slaneesh)
    Dwarves now are callaed Duardin are different: they are a sort of mercenary that fight for ANYONE who can pay in Ur-Gold. so they don't mind to fight for or against chaos.
    Sigmarities are basically Space Marines with hammers and shields, that why many call them SigMARINES. All the fluff and lore is made to justify them.
  • KasquitKasquit 30 PointsMember, Level2
    Even skaven fighting for the Order could be explained by fluff?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhijFbvaMj8
    Hardly
  • BlackDog_9BlackDog_9 61 PointsMember, Level2, Beta Tester
    Kasquit said:Even skaven fighting for the Order could be explained by fluff?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhijFbvaMj8

Video seems to be of
    Warhammer: Online. They did a lot of crazy things with that game, one of which was having skaven be playable by both Order and Destruction (well, you got to transform into one temporarily). 

However, that game was not set in the actual Warhammer timeline - it was meant to be an alternate version of the universe and not connected to 'canon'.

Insofar as the Age of Sigmar, I have to concur with @Velgarn. Having read all the books that have come out so far, there is absolutely no indication in the fluff why any of those opposing forces would fight on the same side, particularly with Chaos. There was a time during the Age of Myth when Sigmar united the other races against Chaos (as at the conlcusion of the End Times), but that did not last.

However, the rules allow you to do so if you wish, because there's nothing stopping you from creating your own narrative.

My Tabletop Wargaming Blog - Tronhammer
  • OranjeOranje 34 PointsMember, Level2
    @BlackDog_9
    In AoR, Skaven play was a game mode. As far as the narrative went, the Skaven weren't fighting for Order or Destruction, it was just a fun version of PvP where players assumed control over a non-aligned third faction. tl;dr: You were playing as them, not playing for them.
  • ToutatrixToutatrix 176 PointsMember, Level4
    Damned they twisted the lore too much this time, will make most old fans like me run away for good this time :/
    Suffer not exploiters to loot. Burn the lame players, kill the skaven and purge the bugs.
    Most awaited new heroes :
    1- warrior priest of Sigmar
    2- wood elf wardancer/eternal guard
    3- bretonnian questing knight
    http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/discussion/1514/future-classes-i-d-like-to-play#latest
  • SherbnizSherbniz 64 PointsMember, Level3
    Velgarn said:

I think you don't have read carefully anything about AoS.

In Age of Sigamer there are 4 Factions:

Order: Sigmarities, Humans, (All) Elves, "Dwarves" and Treefolks people (now they are a separate race)
    Death: Vampires, Skeletons, Mummies and Ghouls 

Chaos: the good 'ol gods of chaos PLUS skavens! Yes now the horned rat is a chaos god.
    Destruction: Orcs, Goblins, Ogres and Giants.

Lorewise, every faction fights against the others. If you go to a tournament and play with Elves allied with skavens is only for the purpose of the game, not the lore.

GW is changing many things for the races:

Lorewise, the elves (now called AELF) are missing (many were eat by Slaneesh)
    Dwarves now are callaed Duardin are different: they are a sort of mercenary that fight for ANYONE who can pay in Ur-Gold. so they don't mind to fight for or against chaos.
    Sigmarities are basically Space Marines with hammers and shields, that why many call them SigMARINES. All the fluff and lore is made to justify them.
    What about lizardmen? :D
    edited October 2015
    Lizardmen are now called "Seraphon" because GW wants to have a C on everything (i guess) and are a sort of "anti-demon" race, made of pure light. They pop into the battlefield without warnings, fight chaos and then disappears.
    The models are the same, but they have the Keyword "Demon" (in AoS every unit have a bunch of keywords, since spells and abilities can affect units with a particular keyword in different ways).
    Seraphons are with the order, even if they don't really care about what the order do.

Fun fact: Seraphon was the old name of Malekit's Dragon, the King of the Dark Elves. But now it seems that Malekit is turned into a sort of Elf-Demon or whatever
  • Phantom_PhreakPhantom_Phreak 22 PointsMember, Level1
    AoS makes me sad.

What do I do now with my Bretonnians?

Does this mean Bretonnia will never get a new codex?

.. Pls D:
    You can still play Bretonnians, since there are the rules to play them on the Gw site.
    For free.
  • Wo0dGlueWo0dGlue 81 PointsMember, Level3
    What the fuck did they just do?
This discussion has been closed.